No prices found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
How has this hotel rated in the past?
- Free parking
TripAdvisor Reviews Alba Hotel Jyväskylä
Travel Blogs from Jyväskylä
Jyvaskyla University visit
Timo, Sonja, Aki, Lenna
- Teachers have basic training for primary school in the workshop (about 25 hours) and this qualifies them to teach craft at primary level
- Teachers who are uncomfortable teaching craft may swap with classroom teachers leading to some of the primary teachers to be more specialised
- Copying of plans is a tradition in Finland. It is rare that ...
Today I visited 2 school with Sonja that were years 1-9. This is a new Finnish trend they are moving towards having years 1-9 on the same campus. Most 'master teachers' would then teach all year levels 1-9.
Secondary school visit: Luonetjarven Koulu
Teacher: Jarno Pakaninen
- School is primary and lower secondary (years 1-9)
- Craft is mandatory until year 7
- Students elect in year 8&9 (some students take no ...
... environment wellbeing and a sustainable future, safety and traffic, human being and technology
Emolahti Camping Pyhajarvi, sadly with out internet as probably the only 'internet white spot' in Finland. Anyway several hundred kilometres south of Rovaniemi and about 200km short of Jyvaskyla where today we plan to call in to see Gwyneth, Timo and Johannes. Gwyneth was the first student from Rolle Faculty of Education, University of Plymouth to travel to Rovaniemi with me many years ago when we enjoyed a first trek with the University ...
... in winter and disc golf course and MTB tracks in summer). It has actually been a while since I've taken up a genuinely new sport, rather simply re-learning one I played when I was younger. I was awful, really terrible - but its also nice to suck at something and realise it can only get better!!!
So what else, did I get up to? Er................not a great deal really, outside the trip to Tallinn. This coming weekend it's Helsinki and then a day ...