No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... last thing you wanted or even could do is just this. The plane was set to have a regulatory tankstop in Istanbul. Approaching Istanbul it turned out there was heavy fog and Istanbul airport wasn't able to receive the plane (lack of technical equipment) so we had to make a detour to Izmir, which was actually back again. Eventually, by 3:30 CET, we landed in Amsterdam. Yesterday I found out the trains weren't running by the time I was supposed to ...
We decided to just roam around some regions of the city today but first, I had to get a better map with more of the smaller streets indicated, since yesterday I was a tad confused finding my way back to the hotel. Unfortunately, the weather once again was drizzly and cool but did improve as the day went on.
We headed down towards Centraal Station, which is on the harbour, to start. There is a bicycle parking area there that is three ...
... out some houses. In Amsterdam the houses lean forward and have a hook at the top of the roof which is used to pully things up (like furniture) to different levels. Land taxes are based on the width of your house and we saw the widest and narrowest house which was only as wide as the front door! If you lived there you wouldn't be able to sleep parallel to your front door unless curled up in a ball.
We also saw the Anne Frank House and one of ...
... on the original and there is a limit to how much time we want to spend on blog it issues!
Passed through our first lock after lunch. We had to wait until the water level rose about 3 metres so that we could continue on our way to Germany. Lots of bird life on river.
We also had the mandatory safety drill with life vests up on the sun deck.
... started the descent to Amsterdam. We could see a little bit of land out the window from the back but not enough to know where we were. We were delayed leaving KL but were on time for arrival. Immigration was first - very thorough in his questions- where were we going, what were we doing, why had we come. Then we could ring Daryl and hooray, my Travelsim worked. Just had to get our bags and then through to find ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Trianon Amsterdam
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $196
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $85
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $150
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $134
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $209
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $100
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $239
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $140
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $192
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $106
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $96
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $232
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $102
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $237
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $347
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $210
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $140
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $117
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $114
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $143
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $154
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant