TripAdvisor Reviews Trianon Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... Vincent Van Gogh.
I made it back right around the time that Elizabeth was getting home from work and although we were both feeling tired from the day, we were looking forward to meeting some of her friends at a local bar in a few hours. I was shocked to look out the window and see heavy snow falling down after such a relatively warm, sunny day, but it sure was beautiful as it covered the streets and picturesque buildings that ...
... shelves of ageing cheese. Some of it is ten years old, and he has to turn all the cheeses every week! He has help from his equally quirky family who were all walking around in well-worn clogs as comfortably as we'd wear ugg boots. Because of this lack of processing it can't be exported, so the Dutch get to keep their very best cheese for themselves and export all the factory processed stuff everywhere else. They've got the right idea! I was given some advice on how to get my round ...
... to the Adrian Sea, where we hope to stay at least a day. The van is getting travel-tired I think because he slows down a LOT when going uphill. Even on straight roads we are lucky to go 80km/hr. Uphill I have to go back to often have to go back to 2nd gear! Mira has good idea to gain some speed. We do what racing cyclist do, staying just behind the one in front to catch as little wind as possible. So here we are tailing truck drivers, and it works!
I slept in until 8:30 after we we're all up we head off to zaanse schans we are all heading up to the windmills are and they all had different purposes like they make different. There was one that cut wood and crushed peanuts into peanut oil. Then we went to see how cheese and clogs(wooden shoes) were made. He used a knife to cut the clog shape and he started hollowing out the ...
... time close to us initially, but they soon warmed up and started venturing out. It's been a nice, safe, and really fun way to assert independence and make their own choices. Catherine has made new friends from different parts of the world, including Dubai, Amsterdam, and another city in Holland. She has spent much of her time at the Fun Factory doing arts and crafts, games, and themed parties. She's learned some new card games from the counselors and stayed ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant