TripAdvisor Reviews Trianon Amsterdam
Travel Blogs from Amsterdam
... station - which is in a beautiful building - and then found a cafe that served us a great espresso.
We left Paul and Cindy to head to the meeting point for our Photo Safari. Tim arrived and introduced himself and his girlfriend Magdalena. We decided not to cycle the tour, and walked instead. Over the next 4 hours we felt like we had been taking a walk with friends. Tim and Magdalena were extremely easy to ...
... seemed to just be alive on the painting. The audio guide explained the color wheel and how the opposite colors went and clashed so he used them on his paintings to make it stand out. Van Gogh was the person who cut off his ear and shot himself in the chest because he had and knew that he had mental problems. Even though it wasn’t very appetizing to hear this, it was a very cool day!
Today I was nine at last! It was my birthday. My mother and I went ...
... wall and a big sign that read "Cobra Shop". I immediately started thinking about the movie "Dodge Ball". Ben Stiller's team was called the "Purple Cobras" which is for sure some kind of penis joke that the Urban Dictionary could likely illuminate. Yes, it does... I'm chuckling as I type after reading the definition in the Urban Dictionary... At any rate, back to the bathroom. To my great surprise the "Cobra Shop" was indeed a public bathroom but you can't use it for free! You have ...
Thank goodness this morning my camera is working again. Must have been a bit of moisture in the mechanism. The ship docks in Nijmegen and we are picked up by coaches to be taken to Amsterdam for our tour.
We are driven through a lovely residential area before stopping for that obligatory photo in front of a windmill. Supposedly one that inspired Mr Rembrandt as his statue is nearby.
A short walk through the ...
... The remainder of the time we spent looking at the middle ages and Renaissance art. The Rijks includes a floor also for more modern art and some Van Gogh, but we skipped those.
We bee-lined it to the Night Watch by Rembrandt. Like people say about a lot of art and buildings: they're always much grander in person. It's a massive painting. All around the gallery floor were cards that broke down all the elements of the paintings. They discussed the history and motivations behind a ...
Other places to stay in Amsterdam
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $211
- Stay Away
- Great value and truly very comfortable!
- Club Rooms do the job
Burgwallen-Nieuwe Zijde, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $196
- Seemed fine to me
- Underrated and can be good value
- Stay elsewhere
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $86
Zeeburg, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $208
- Still has teething problems
- Very Pleasant
- Not a bad choice..
Buitenveldert-Oost, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- A great choice for my family
- Comfortable and clean - no surprises
- Good Hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $226
- Excellent Hotel, Room, service and Value!
- Stayed 4 times
- Really a 4 star.
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $247
- Good comfort but boring
- Chain Charming
- Request an Apartment Unit
Amsterdam South, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $119
De Pijp, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $225
- Disappointing hotel - not worth 5 stars
- A Very Nice Stay
- Its much better than portrayed
ZuidOost (Business District), Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $155
- A good Business Hotel
- Great service, clean hotel, reasonably priced
- Friendly service
Apollobuurt, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $212
- All the Hilton Perks
- Peace and Quiet
- Everything we expect from Hilton - and more
Amstel, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $105
Amstel, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $106
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $268
- Especially liked the health club!
- Great rate, nice hotel, good location
- The most comfortable bed ever.
Centre, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $167
- Our first hotel stay in Amsterdam, it was brilliant!
- Nice hotel but...
- Excellent Location
Sloten en Riekerpolder, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $107
- Not Enough focus on the customers needs
- Nice hotel
- Pleasant room, but all the problems of a new hotel
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $236
- Beautiful, Wonderful Amrath
- Schönes, wundervolles Amrath
- What an experience!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $333
- They treated me like a relative
- Perfect Location - aweful service!
Centre, Amsterdam | 5 star hotelfrom $235
- We would stay again without a doubt
- Nothing special
- Great Hotel in Good Location!
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $172
- Above Average European Hotel
- Not what we expected
- OK, but some problem at the check in time
Canal Belt/Rembrandtplein, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $154
- Overrated and Overpriced
- Loved the Eden Hotel
- Ordinary and overpriced
Distelkade 21, (formerly Golden Tulip City North), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $100
Westlandgracht, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $120
Centre, Amsterdam | 3 star hotelfrom $176
- Would stay again
- A great stay!
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City
Museumplein/Vondelpark, Amsterdam | 4 star hotelfrom $177
- Great Hotel, Great People, Great City therefore Great Time!
- LOVED IT!!!
- Great hotel
Apollolaan 2, (formerly Le Meridien Apollo), Amsterdam | Hotelfrom $220
- Basement Dungeon to Junior Suite
- Good average hotel
- Nice room, mediocre restaurant