Abbes Globe Arena
Travel Blogs from Stockholm
... spending over $10 in a 7/11 store on just one small salad, I was quite thankful we were not going to be spending too much time in the city (because I definitely would be broke after a week there).
After a meeting Monday morning, we bundled up for a city walk/tour throughout the Old Town of Stockholm. I certainly hadn't expected to be wearing my winter jacket, gloves, and a hat at the end of March (especially after experiencing such warm weather ...
... woke her up. She asked to get out of her seat and lay on the floor, like we've been doing on redeyes. Of course, she couldn't do this because we were on descent. She was MAD. She literally cried for the rest of the flight - yeah... that kid.
Our EWR-Oslo flight was delayed by about an hour. The good part about this was that it put our kids a lot closer to bedtime then they would have been. They both stayed up for ...
... of inspiration and creativity....
So with a suitcase laden with colors and brushes, a couple of bikinis, some summer dresses and mosquito spray of course, I head off in search of inspiration, intoxication, and maybe, just maybe, even some ecstasy....
Am I asking too much?
I want it ALL!
/The Runaway ...
... complaining he was a little tired of lugging his suitcase on and off public transport so thought walking to the hotel might be the better option. Not a good idea - Copenhagen should have taught us a lesson – but not so!
We set off in the heat, pushing and pulling our heavy suitcases and carrying our backpacks over cobblestoned streets and every other undulating surface you can imagine for what seemed like an eternity (but ...
... for me. THEN we went to the Vasa Museum, which was, as always, great. Will let Cait give her impressions, since I've been there several miles before. Suffice it to say that it's definitely in my top 5 museums anywhere! Even so, we were eventually Vasa'd-out, so left and sought refreshment, found in the form of a cafe on the waters edge; lovely. Had a drink, then decided to catch the ferry (included in our travel weekly ticket) back to Gamla Stan. Nice little trip. Went ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Abbes Globe Arena Stockholm
Other places to stay in Stockholm
Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $172
- Smallish rooms with really soft beds
- Excellent Hotel
Ringvagen 98, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- Swedish Meatballs??
- Cool and hip- not your parent's hotel!
- Good choice in Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $128
- Stylish, but not an architectural must-see.
- Simply great and very relaxing surroundings!
Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $314
- The grand dam of Scandinavia
- Amazing Location
- Overpriced establishment resting on its reputation
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $185
- Lovely modern hotel
- Acceptable but nothing special
- Would Not Stay Here Again
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $204
Slojdgatan 7, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Great hotel, central location, nice staff
- Clean and comfortable
- A Surprise
Enskede - Årsta - Vantör, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $139
Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Clean, convenient, a little bit cramped
- Fantastic Hotel, Great Price
- Preiswert für Stockholm
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Location Location Location and a great room!
- A very nice place to stay!
Brunkebergstorg 9 , Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- First class hotel, one of the best!!
- Scandic Hotel mit besserer Qualität
- Gute Lage, Hotel war in Ordnung
Kungsholmsgatan 31, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $170
- Nice lobby
- Did you all stay in the same hotel as me?
- A good choice
Södermalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $115
Massvagen 2 Alvsjo, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $117
Sodra Kajen 37, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $102
Humlegardsgatan 23, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $153
Ekgardsvagen 2, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $111
St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $112
- Nice hotel, great breakfast/service
- Elite is the chain...not this hotel!
- Not Elite... But a very good Hotel.
Södermalm, Stockholm | 5 star hotelfrom $165
- Wonderful view and great location
- Great location, Great Hotel
Nybrogatan 53, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $162
- Great hotel, great city
- Romantic atmosphere in the heart of Stocholm
- Loved the mornington hotel
Omonia Square, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $130
- Nice stay, good package
- Great little hotel
- Get a suite
Kungenskurva - Oxholmsgrand 2, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $124
Wallingatan 15, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $136
Norrmalm, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $200
- Value for money garanteed
- Found the light disappointing.
- Excellent Location but.... not what we expected!
Katarinavagen 26, Stockholm | 3 star hotelfrom $118
Karlavagen 43, Stockholm | 4 star hotelfrom $147