Aawesome Retreat Bed & Breakfast
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Anchorage
... years and didn't lose it all these years, and then lost it twice on the trip!
Kath's highlight: dinner at The Brewhouse, and seeing the moose and bear at the zoo.
Kath's Lowlight: losing my cell phone for the last time, and nearly missing our flight home. No northern lights.....
Errol's daily highlight: ditto
Errol's daily lowlight: Nearly missing the flight home
... just prior to the chaos. (See photos.) I've got a great video of the process of selecting and hooking up the dogs, and then the dogs running around the track. I'll upload after I get home and convert it.
They ran a team of five dogs today; that was with a virtually empty sled. Generally, they try not to load more than 50 pounds per dog, so a fully loaded sled, with 1000 pounds of gear, will run 20 dogs. The park service does use these dogs ...
- Barrow is best visited in the summer when the high temperature is around 40.
- We really should have visited the University of Alaska campus.
- The Geophysical Institute is only open to tours in the summer.
- There is a huge military and scientific presence in Alaska that could fill an entire separate blog with research and facts. Some very covert and ...
... from the other side of the river.) Even though it was wartime and his job was difficult and exhausting, he has always talked about that part of his life with pride and almost a fond remembrance.
Once or twice during his service in the Aleutians Sargent Nykerk was called upon to conduct some training on military equipment in Anchorage. This training was conducted at Otter Lake, which was at that time part of a military base. So, when Dad heard that ...
... and the sheer vastness of Alaska can't help but force you to consider you abilities, strengths and tolerance. Taking time to really see Alaska is very important.....whether it is sitting for hours waiting for the Northern Lights to appear, quietly watching a moose and her calf feeding, an eagle circling overhead, a sheep moving effortlessly along a cliff line or a beaver moving though the water, Alaska will take your breathe away. ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Aawesome Retreat Bed & Breakfast Anchorage
Other places to stay in Anchorage
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $139
- Wonderful place to stay in Anchorage
- What a wonderful hotel!!
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Needs some TLC (and a new chef)
- Anchorage Hilton was great
- Trip and View of a Life Time
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $97
- Don't fotget your ear plugs !!
- Great Value in February
- Great Views in the heart of downtown
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $223
- Poor management, misleading reservation information
- Great Hotel in a great spot
- Horrible and Overpriced
Spenard, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Not worth the money
- Last Night Reservation Change
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $78
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $169
- So-so Captain Cook
- Not too impressed
- Should you stay at a Local or Chain Hotel?
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $99
South Addition, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $78
- Great place- Don't get this hotel confused with Inlet Inn
- Will definitely stay at the Inlet again!
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $174
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $123
Rogers Park, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $163
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $103
Spenard, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $120
- More than a Holiday Inn Express
- Mixed Review
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $83
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $97
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $82
- Enjoyed my stay!
- We have been ripped off
- Not a bad place to stay for a motel
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $152
- Gro▀artiges Hotel in Anchorage!
- Loved this place
- Great place to stay in Anchorage!
Taku / Campbell, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Best sleep away from home
- Loved the comfortable beds and spa bathroom!
- Clean & comfortable rooms; room size & beds a plus!
Green Valley, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $86
- Please stay away
- Total Dive hotel, stay away...
- Cootie Cottage
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $134
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $134
- Nice Pre-Cruise Stay
- Enjoyed Alaska
- Nice stay following arrival in Alaska
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $131
- Great Value at the Fairfield
- Traffic noise distracting otherwise nice hotel
- A decent hotel
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $120
- I'm staying under the bridge down by the river ...
- Satisfied customer
- Perfect Stopover !!!!!!
South Addition, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $133
- Needs work
- Expected more from a Hyatt propery
- Moderately priced, clean place to stay!