Aawesome Retreat Bed & Breakfast
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
Travel Blogs from Anchorage
... moment. I slept at the airport last night, or tried to (what else is new?!) and caught my 2 ½ hour flight to Anchorage around 2:40pm today.
Once I landed in Anchorage, I waited about 2 hours for my hotel shuttle to show. I had paperwork from Princess telling me the shuttle comes every 30 minutes, so I clearly must have just missed one upon arriving at the shuttle pickup, because the next time I saw one was nearly 40 minutes later as it zoomed past the second ...
... 8217;t have to wait to go through the Anton Anderson Memorial Tunnel, that combines alternate one-way vehicle and rail traffic, and at 2.5 miles is the longest tunnel through a mountain in North America. If we miss our time we’ll have a half hour wait (15 minutes for each way to get through). It goes straight through the range at close to sea level, and is dead straight, with passing points at several places. What makes this tunnel special is the pressure from gale ...
... Hwy1) is nothing short of amazing! Along the way it takes in some of the most spectacular vistas you’ll ever see, including the Matanuska, Tazlina and Nelchina Glaciers, the Matanuska River, and high, unnamed mountains.
As we push the Boxers a last time for this trip we pass a stunning scenery and take the time for some pictures. As we come close to Anchorage the Hwy gets windy like a paradise for bikers. The road is good and ...
... the runway and hanger for numerous float planes
To continue our adventures spirit we headed to the hills for an amazing aerial view
and the surrounding mountain ranges. The salmon were also running and our campground
was near Ship Creek, the local fishing spot.
Not to far south of Anchorage
is an area called Turnagain Arm and just east of that is Portage ...
... from the earthquake caused about 143 deaths. Lasting nearly three minutes, it was the most powerful recorded earthquake in the and North American history, and the second most powerful ever measured by seismograph. It had a magnitude of 9.2, making it the second largest earthquake in recorded history the largest being the 1960 Valdivia earthquake in Chile.
TripAdvisor Reviews Aawesome Retreat Bed & Breakfast Anchorage
Other places to stay in Anchorage
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Wonderful place to stay in Anchorage
- What a wonderful hotel!!
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $220
- Needs some TLC (and a new chef)
- Anchorage Hilton was great
- Trip and View of a Life Time
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $121
- Don't fotget your ear plugs !!
- Great Value in February
- Great Views in the heart of downtown
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $233
- Poor management, misleading reservation information
- Great Hotel in a great spot
- Horrible and Overpriced
Spenard, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $214
- Not worth the money
- Last Night Reservation Change
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $131
Downtown, Anchorage | 4 star hotelfrom $189
- So-so Captain Cook
- Not too impressed
- Should you stay at a Local or Chain Hotel?
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $144
South Addition, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $157
- Great place- Don't get this hotel confused with Inlet Inn
- Will definitely stay at the Inlet again!
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $219
Downtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $154
Rogers Park, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $243
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $160
Spenard, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $229
- More than a Holiday Inn Express
- Mixed Review
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $153
Spenard, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $167
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $139
- Enjoyed my stay!
- We have been ripped off
- Not a bad place to stay for a motel
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $192
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $234
- Großartiges Hotel in Anchorage!
- Loved this place
- Great place to stay in Anchorage!
Taku / Campbell, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $159
- Best sleep away from home
- Loved the comfortable beds and spa bathroom!
- Clean & comfortable rooms; room size & beds a plus!
Green Valley, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $122
- Please stay away
- Total Dive hotel, stay away...
- Cootie Cottage
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $208
Midtown, Anchorage | 3 star hotelfrom $221
- Nice Pre-Cruise Stay
- Enjoyed Alaska
- Nice stay following arrival in Alaska
Midtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Great Value at the Fairfield
- Traffic noise distracting otherwise nice hotel
- A decent hotel
Downtown, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $220
- I'm staying under the bridge down by the river ...
- Satisfied customer
- Perfect Stopover !!!!!!
South Addition, Anchorage | 2 star hotelfrom $223
- Needs work
- Expected more from a Hyatt propery
- Moderately priced, clean place to stay!