Sheraton Manhattan Hotel
Travel Blogs from New York City
Dubai airport: Once we'd boarded the world's largest, most sophisticated and technologically advanced aircraft - the Airbus A380 - we settled into our seats, stowed our luggage and began preparing for the epic 14hr flight that was ahead of us... And then we heard this from the pilot (paraphrased): "good morning ladies and gentlemen, I regret to …
... audio sets. Showed our tickets for Crown and Pedestal, lining up to gain a locker (no backpacks allowed - only water, camera and medication).
Proceeded through Museum viewing the original light The Lady held and other artifacts and story of "Statue of Liberty".
Okay deep breath time to climb 354 steps up to the Crown - just got to just over 100 where the Pedestal section was - decided ...
Welcome to AmericaAnd so after an almost 8 hr flight in a very full plane and almost 2 movies we arrive at JFK, Jon nervous about American border control etc. Only a handful of the hundreds off the British Airways flight are Americans and so pass quickly through immigration, we remaining hundreds, in a long line, must be fingerprint scanned and face photographed but, as on every other flight to date,walk through ...
... to do their grocery shopping, and then buy some preprepared food and eat it in the cafe area just near the checkouts before they head home with their groceries. We bought some fresh salad and a lovely rib fillet from the butcher, which simply melted in your mouth, although the size of the steaks were a surprise. We bought only one piece for the three of us, and that was over an inch thick! They don't do things small in USA.... Whilst in New York we had some lovely weather and ...
... parts of Brooklyn yet. At least this part of Crown Heights isn't. But we do have some cool places nearby (well, at least one!). David's Brisket House best Pastrami sandwiches (according to N) and the best Corned Beef sandwiches as far as I am concerned. Williamsburg is far more gentrified, upmarket even. We walked around for a bit, then stopped at the Lucky Dog bar. After the ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Sheraton Manhattan Hotel New York City
Other places to stay in New York City
Midtown East, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $218
- Great value and great hotel!
- Good Location, Average Hotel
- Fabulous hotel!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $220
- Great Value, Nice Room
- Loved it!
- Nice hotel, but ...
Garment District, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $213
- Hated it!!!
- Native NY'er says "These rooms are perfect for the price!"
- Good choice
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $211
- Great Ambiance
- Hudson Horrors
- Won't Be Back
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $274
- Review of ny sheraton
- Typical sheraton...nice place
- Very Nice Establishment!
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $237
- Small room
- Cool Hotel
- Not up to the usual W standards
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $294
- You call this a modern hotel?
- Always stay at the W Times Square!
- The most happening place in the city- Great Location
Upper East Side, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $418
- Looooove the Pierre
- If your looking for an 'escort', this seemed the place to be..
- Not up to Four Seasons Standards
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved the New York Marriott East Side
- Good stay at the Marriott
- Had and enjoyable stay
Midtown, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $209
- Nonsense-- Have Stayed Here 4 Time, Just Fine
- Know what you're getting
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $289
- Great Value, Great Location
- Great Location, great hotel
- Great Location
Upper West Side, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $159
- Not so nice.
- Great F*kin holiday!
- Quality Hotel on Broadway Needs to Reflect Name
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $270
- Great stay!!!
- First class hotel in the heart of Manhattan
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $256
- Loved Shula's!
- Great for convention, subpar for Westin
- Excellent in every way!
Midtown Center, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $336
- The only way to see New York
- Revisiting a New York treasure
- Fit for a king... but you had to be one!
Tudor City, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $211
- Comfortable, small, quiet
- Good, but no cigar
- A tranquil oasis in the city that new sleeps !
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $198
- Excellent Room and hotel
- Loved the Sheraton Manhattan
- I loved NY
Theater District - Times Square, New York City | 2 star hotelfrom $199
- Worth the money
- Pleasantly suprised
- Great Stay
Koreatown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $278
- Wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Martinique
- Nothing wrong with this hotel
- Loved new york, but not The Martinique
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $265
- This Hotel Is A 4Star Disappointment!
- I expect more for my money
- Would not reccomend it to anyone
Midtown, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $194
- Very good value!
- Just tolerable
- Why so negative?
Upper West Side, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $231
- Great hotel for lower Central Park West
- Nice Look but lacking atmosphere
Clinton, New York City | 3 star hotelfrom $219
- Really good!
- Good location but...
- Clean, comfortable, good location
Midtown, New York City | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- Absolutely Fabulous
- Just okay
- One of my favorites!
Midtown, New York City | 5 star hotelfrom $340
- Good upgrade from the Rhiga
- Only OK
- Above and beyond
Midtown, New York City | 1 star hotelfrom $150
- Dont Say here!
- Stay away from this hotel!!!
- Horrible? No!