Travel Blogs from Edinburgh
... on in Edinburgh at the time. This is an arts festival featuring shows of magic, comedy, drama, music and more, and walking through the royal mile they were all advertising their different shows with lots of street performances and buskers around as well as many people trying to hand out fliers in the most creative ways. We eventually made it to the end of the royal mile (which by ...
... glad this didn’t happen to me this time. As we reached York and a few people detrained, a couple came up to the seats in front of us and tried to claim them as their reserved seats. They probably were their seats but none of the stranded passengers from our first train were giving up seats where they had their butts firmly entrenched. Good luck even finding the conductor to try and enforce any reserved seat ...
... almost 3 miles from my B&B, but I decided I could use some more exercise and opted to walk. On my way to the Garden I stopped by the TI and booked a ticket for the Literary Pub Tour at 19:30. That gave me 8 hours to enjoy the Garden. I spent 3 hours wandering around the Garden and having lunch in the cafe. By 14:00 I was beginning to wonder what I was going to do with the rest of my afternoon. Then while I was in the Visitors Center I noticed a sign ...
... of my time in Edinburgh involved spending a delightful evening
alone in two adorably quaint pubs, both which were rocking live
music, and eating and drinking yummy food and beer. The second pub I
went into by accident. Well, I was on my way home to bed when I saw
that there was live celtic fiddle music happening, and that being,
secretly, my favourite type of music, I couldn't very well pass it up
while in Scotland. It was a fabulous way to end the evening.
... other band, so we didn't qualify. It was pretty heart breaking as we just spent the past 10 days dedicating ourselves for this play. But it was a great experience overall with wonderful people. Quite the multinational pipe band too. There were people from England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Canada and Australia. Then it was time to party to celebrate, or drown our sorrows for not qualifying. And, for those who know me, you know I cant have a night on the town ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Menzies Belford Edinburgh
Other places to stay in Edinburgh
New Town, Edinburgh | 4 star hotelfrom $159
- Dumpy Rooms
- Dissapointing stay
- Single rooms and no hot water - not up to Intercontinental standards
Corstorphine, Edinburgh | 4 star hotel
- Good for familes and great leisure facilities (food extortionate!)
- Bargain winter break
- Dawn chorus from the zoo
Old Town, Edinburgh | 3 star hotelfrom $143
- Don't stay if you are a light sleeper
Old Town, Edinburgh | 4 star hotelfrom $179
- SKip This Hotel
- Great Hotel
- Radisson sas hotel, royal mile
Haymarket, Edinburgh | 4 star hotelfrom $261
- A view of the Edinburgh Castle
- A splendid old hotel but needs better management
- Another one for the negative pile...
The Royal Mile, Edinburgh | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- Location! Location!
- Great place to stay
Tollcross, Edinburgh | 4 star hotelfrom $264
- Ultra Scottish luxury
Gyle, Edinburgh | 3 star hotelfrom $122
- This was everything I expected
- Great Hotel
- Good for business travel
New Town, Edinburgh | 4 star hotelfrom $164
- Do not stay in this hotel !!
- Worst Hotel Experience - EVER!!
- Loved it - stayed 5 nights, Nov 03
New Town, Edinburgh | 5 star hotelfrom $323
- Excellent Hotel
- Old World Elegance
- Great Hotel in Edinburgh
Calton Hill, Edinburgh | 4 star hotelfrom $170
Dalry, Edinburgh | 4 star hotelfrom $106
- Excellent value
- Great value
- Good location, but no AC
Lauriston, Edinburgh | 4 star hotelfrom $118
- Really good location (A superb base for a hen weekend)
- Great Location - Perfect hotel!
- Excellent Base!
Lauriston, Edinburgh | 4 star hotelfrom $151
- Apex international ok
- My stay was well worth it
- Grassmarket the place to be
Sighthill, Edinburgh | 4 star hotelfrom $108
New Town, Edinburgh | 3 star hotelfrom $135
- Clean and central accomodations in Edinburgh
- Fantastic hotel
- Great hotel, comfortable stay, good location and decent price
Old Town, Edinburgh | 3 star hotelfrom $153
- Not so good!
- Fire Alarm Again
- Really disappointing
Leith, Edinburgh | 3 star hotelfrom $119
Calton Hill, Edinburgh | 4 star hotelfrom $156
- Great Value for Money
- Good value, great location
- A c ouple of problems but overall quite good
Old Town, Edinburgh | 3 star hotelfrom $141
- Great Location
- Great food, good location
- Great location, but rooms very variable
Lauriston, Edinburgh | 3 star hotelfrom $98
Cowgate, Edinburgh | 5 star hotelfrom $252
Newington, Edinburgh | 2 star hotelfrom $69
Turnhouse, Edinburgh | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- I dislike this place
- Staff nice but hotel needs rennovating
- 4 star - I don't think.. maybe if they mean the beer !
Haymarket, Edinburgh | 3 star hotelfrom $129
- Not what I'd expect from a Hilton Hotel
- Not very good!
- Poor quality
Portobello, Edinburgh | 4 star hotelfrom $149
- A big disappointment - terrible bed and poor service
- Beware of this overpriced nightmare!
- Beware The Yellow Water!