Gran Caribe Villa Los Pinos
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
TripAdvisor Reviews Gran Caribe Villa Los Pinos Havana
Travel Blogs from Havana
... in the room for about an hour and then headed off to really explore Havana. It is unbelievably hot out there. And humid. It’s crazy. I walked into the old city and found the Hotel Saratoga, where I was able to buy a wifi card for 6 CUC for 30 minutes of wifi. It’s pretty expensive and annoyingly slow, but at least I was able to let the family know that I’m here safely. I left the Saratoga and headed north to get to the Malecon, which ...
... was great, the scenery beautiful and we were certainly in the middle of nowhere! The next day we did more hiking in the cloud forest and moved onto another hacienda, this time with a tent which put up a good fight against the torrential rain but wasn't quite up to the challenge! After a temporary respite, the Mosquitos returned with a vengeance. Returning to running water and other creature comforts we arrived in Camaguey and explored the recently renovated town by ...
... routine leading to the firing. The whole scene is only lit by a single burning torch and a few small brassiers so it is difficult to photograph.
Now it was time to pack again and with it came a surprise - nobody, not even foreigners are allowed to take Cuban cigars into the USA even if you are leaving again, with the cigars the next day. As the option was to remove all the labels from the cigars we opted to change our flight, stay one more day in Mexico City, and not enter the ...
... up 3 flights of pitch black stairs was a treat. Fortune smiled on us as just as we were fumbling the keys in the dark the power came back. Yay us! Our second day in Havana was relaxed. We hopped an open top bus tour that took us all over the city. The guides were mediocre at best and the speakers sounded like they came from a busted fast fooddrive through but the views were great and forgetting sun screen we got nice and toasted in the sun. The price you pay ...
... to assist.
- Many of the homes do not have glass windows. They have shutters, which are opened or shut accordingly.
- There appears to have been little construction work done since the Russian withdrawal in 1986. Most construction work done between 1959 and 1986 is of a Russian style.
- Most Cuban people do not have many possessions.
- The Internet is not widespread, and most people do not have access to the Internet.
- Basic computer skills are taught ...
Other places to stay in Havana
Neptuno, esquina Prado y Zulueta, Havana | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Great location and hotel
- Stay at the Parque Central
Tlalpan Sur/South, Havana | 3 star hotelfrom $140
- Best hotel ever
- Needs Improvement
- An historic beauty, worth every penny
Calle L e/ 23 y 25, Havana | 3 star hotelfrom $55
- Would definitely recommend...
- Amazing views; Great Cuisine
- Great Hotel in a fantastic location in Havana
Trocadero 55 e Prado y Zulueta Habana, Havana | 3 star hotelfrom $100
- GREAT STAFF!!!
- Grace and elegance among ruins
- Good, but...
Ave Paseo entre 1 y 3, Havana | 4 star hotelfrom $190
- Top Hotel and not too far from Old Havana
- Good Cohiba
- Watch out for long distance calls
Ave 3era, e/ 76 y 80, Havana | 4 star hotelfrom $160
- Above average hotel
- Could do better....
- Great hotel, even with a toddler
Prado 603 esquina Dragones, Havana | 4 star hotel
- Great hotel, good location
- Saratoga hotel, Havana - Great!
- Good blend of modern and traditional
5 Avenida e/ 72 y 76 Miramar, Havana | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Nice hotel, location a bit too far out!
- Best food in Havana
- Thumbs up
3rd Ave and 70th St, Havana | 4 star hotelfrom $70
Paseo del Prado No 416 , Havana | 3 star hotelfrom $66
- Beware of type of room given
- Be warned
- Das inglaterra war sehr schön und gediegen
Ingnacio Agramonte 267, Havana | 3 star hotelfrom $69
- Could be better.
- Hotel Plaza
- Perfect location
C/ Calzada 110, Havana | 3 star hotelfrom $80
Tlalpan Sur/South, Havana | 3 star hotelfrom $50
- Cheap but not so cheerful
- Well, if you do not have any other option...
- Pro's and cons
Calle Amargura 103 esquina a San Ignacio, Havana | 4 star hotelfrom $79
- Great place !!
- Great Base
- A Gem in Old Havana!
Calle Obispo esq. a Cuba. Ciudad de La Habana, Havana | 3 star hotelfrom $140
- Already needs a refresh
- The best.....
- A little expensive but very nice
Av 3ra y Calle 84, Havana | 3 star hotelfrom $65
- The pool is wonderful
- Comodoro OK.
- Dont do it
Tlalpan Sur/South, Havana | 3 star hotelfrom $50
Tlalpan Sur/South, Havana | 2 star hotelfrom $90
- Loved Havana City
- El mejor hotel que he estado
Calle Obispo 153, Havana | 3 star hotelfrom $70
- Ambos Mundos
- Avoid Terrible Ambos Mundos @ $180
- Leaky with cockroaches
Teniente Rey No 8, Havana | 4 star hotelfrom $70
Calle 1ra. e/ 44 & 46, Havana | 3 star hotelfrom $95
Calle Baratillo 9, entre Obispo y Narciso Lopez, Havana | 3 star hotelfrom $160
- It was Good...
- Splendid, elegant worn grandeur
- A mixed bag
3ra Ave. y 74, Havana | 3 star hotelfrom $65