Four Points By Sheraton Roma West Hotel
Travel Blogs from Rome
Arrive on time to a very hot 37' Roma, Thursday lunchtime Italian time but Thursday 9.30pm Canberra time having survived the trip with no sleep. Watch a lot of movies, ate a lot of cheese and biscuits and comforted grumpy kids. The descents hurt both kids ears as they haven't worked out yet how to equalise properly. Got to love Stacie's membership to Qantas club as ...
... the Sistine Chapel. We had a good guide and it was only marginally crowded. There are no photos permitted in the Sistine Chapel, but the 20 year old American boy was not sent the memo. When told by the guard to stop taking photos and delete the ones already taken, he argued the point with the guard and said he had only taken photos of the wall!!!! Even his friends were embarrassed. A few minutes later, ...
... called Da Vittorio in Trastevere (via di S Cosimato 14). He had explained to us the differences to watch out for in regards to the touristy menus and prices and the more traditional ones which are located outside of the main tourist area.
We now had a place to head for dinner as we had now taken most of the day seeing the Colosseum and the Palantino. This place was without a doubt just what the doctor ordered. Starting with garlic bruschetta, 660ml bottle ...
... the crowd below. We started the walk back home, passing more beautiful fountains and monuments. Tomorrow is the Feast of St Peter and Paul, so the Vatican museums will be closed. Unfortunately, we won't be able to go into the Sistine Chapel, but hopefully we'll be able to view the Basilica. An early start to avoid the heat and crowds tomorrow. The Euro Cup final against Italy and Spain tomorrow...a feast day, and our last day in Rome...should be a day to ...
... on Pinocchio.) The painted ceramic ware was the richest we’ve seen. We were in such a hurry to get the car back on time, we didn’t even stop for a gelato. Poor planning!
We returned the car to Avis in the airport in Rome on time and with ease. But then it got complicated. Trying to find our hotel shuttle was an exercise in futility that took us over an hour. No map of the airport…of ...
TripAdvisor Reviews Four Points By Sheraton Roma West Hotel Rome
Other places to stay in Rome
Viale Castello Della Magliana 65, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $117
- Good deal if you don't mind the location
- Spacious, convenient, affordable way to start/end trips
- Good ending to our Italy trip
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $125
- Central to all the major sites in Rome
- Hot, Noisy, You Can Do Better
- Nice but noisy
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $100
- Enjoy your stay, don't make a fuss about the distance !
- Good hotel, very friendly staff
- Depends on your priorities -- I liked the hotel a lot
Monte Mario, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $254
- Treated like royalty
- The Cavalieri Hilton is Outstanding
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $356
- Top Notch Hotel
- Westin Excelsior March 2004
- Fantastic Empire stile hotel
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $199
- A great hotel for a city break
- If you want to be next door to the station...
- Not really a 4* hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $91
- Bad impression
- Thank you Trip Advisor! Spot on!
- Good hotel, questionable location!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $132
- $$ = what you get
- Near city with a pool
- Acceptable but not great
Ciampino Airport, Rome | 2 star hotelfrom $95
Vatican City, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $144
- Visconit Palace - Excellent Value
- Good location & Reasonably priced
- Good hotel
Via Colonnello Tommaso Masala 54, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $139
- Very Nice Hotel Outside Center of Rome
- Really outside town
- Disorganised expense
Ardeatino, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $105
Castro Pretorio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $173
- Great service!
- Rome Is Calling Me Back
- What a Load of Rubbish
Historic Center, Rome | 5 star hotelfrom $306
- EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY
- Loved it
Appio Claudio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $66
Via Prenestina, 944, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72
- A good stopping point - on your way to city centre
- One miserable experience after the other
- Not recommended
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $71
- Do not go
- This hotel is hell on Earth
- Great for tour group
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $84
- Great Hotel! Loved it!
- Great hotel
- Great hotel
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $119
- Very good hotel in a quiet place!
- Nice, but too far from major attractions
- The Villa in the Pines
EUR, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Great hotel but not for tourists
- Una mala ubicación, un buen hotel
- Un hotel muy bueno
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $89
- Great Value
- A great hotel in great grounds
- Simply Fabulous!
Trastevere/Aventine, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $88
- Refurbished Rooms
- Come on! It wasn't that bad.
- Not a **** hotel!!!!
Historic Center, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $166
- Perfect location
- Very Central
- Great location
Historic Center, Rome | 3 star hotelfrom $88
- Poor time at the Porta!
- Loved our stay here
- Very noisy hotel
Suburbio Aurelio, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $87
- Generally good
- NOt very central to the sights
EUR, Rome | 4 star hotelfrom $72