No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
- Continental Breakfast
- Free High-Speed Internet
- Room service
Photos of Santa Marta
TripAdvisor Reviews Santa Marta Arequipa
Travel Blogs from Arequipa
... the local traditions as well as regular Christian symbolism. Therefore you can see carvings of potato plants, corn and local animals as well as crosses etc. Inside is a magnificent gold leaf Altar, with similar artwork. Most interesting is a painting of the Last Supper, done in the Peruvian School style, where the Saints are of mixed races, they sit at a round table rather than the iconic rectangular. The food and drink is of a local variety, including Cuy (Guinea Pig), Corn, ...
... this bus is like every other one in south america where the driver thinks that air conditioning means heater. The bus was absolutely roasting. Went to a church which was also a bit poop, it seemed to just be another stop to try get some coin off you for the locals, id easily give them my Slayer albums but no way am i giving money to a church. Then back to chivay for lunch, more quinoa soup and this time chicken not alpaca. Just mixing it up a ...
... museum, in a frozen state. Amazing! After this we went to cusco coffee. Denise's recommendation. Had a mucho grande coffee. Best so far in South America. Wandered around the plaza, surrounded by colonnaded buildings and cathedral, which was the full length of one side of the plaza, with huge arches at either end. Monasterio de Santa Catalina. Occupying a whole block and surrounded by high walls it is like a city within. Divided by streets ...
... We worked our way through some small alleys to Santa Catalina monastery which in its day had in excess of 500 nuns, nowadays there are only 14 nuns left. A couple of decades ago city officials ordered the monastry to be opened to the public, 60 percent is now open to tourists while the remaining 40 percent is kept fore the nuns.
Next up was a walk through the ...
Started the city tour this morning at Mirador de Carmen Alto with a lovely view of the three main volcanos- Chachani (6,075m), Misti (5,825m), and Pichu Pichu (5,664m). We then walked through some of the side streets and visited two of the churches. Most churches are closed to tourists for Easter but La Compania was still open to view. We finished the tour with a visit to the Museo de Santuarios ...