Pollock Halls - Edinburgh First
No availability found through our partners. Please contact the business directly or check some of our recommended alternatives.
How has this hostel rated in the past?
TripAdvisor Reviews Pollock Halls - Edinburgh First
Travel Blogs from Edinburgh
... performances, with an emphasis on comedy and avant-garde; it is now the largest arts festival in the world. The Edinburgh Military Tattoo is one of the iconic images of Edinburgh for millions worldwide is the yearly Tattoo, kilted pipers skirling below the battlements of Edinburgh Castle. Although tickets sell out well in advance, persevering individuals are likely to find one or two tickets still for sale due to cancellations...just be prepared to ask, ask, and ask ...
... on their beaks. I spent about an hour there.
- When I came back home, thunder started (as it was a ‘reasonably warm day’). The first time I had heard it in Scotland! I thought how much my boy hated thunder and how apt it was for the afternoon. Miss you my baby.
- Bruises on my forearms. Thanks swanies!
- On the way walking to work, I was looking at a ‘magpie’ – they sort of look like Aussie magpies (black and white) but have quite ...
... of Edinburgh. We started on the main strip of Old Town, the Royal Mile. At the top is Edinburgh Castle and at the bottom is Holyroodhouse Palace.
At the center of the market is the Mercat Cross. Mercat is the old Scot word for "market". This is where announcements were made, as well as where punishments were executed. Throughout history, when a king or queen was crowned, a horseman would ...
I know, I know, I know.... long time - no blogg!
But I'm alive and well... in Edinburgh.
So here's a summary of my last few weeks:
- National Insurance Number - done (like our Tax File Number); damn it! ;-)
- Job - done although on-going temporary - not enjoyable but paying the rent - and nothing else at this stage... better than nothing I suppose.
- Bank account - done - donations welcome...
- Unit - is good, but a ...
... been helpful in navigating us in the right direction. The small, twisty dark alleys and streets are great to stroll. I can't say enough about it.
Wi-fi is slow this morning, so I can't upload pics now, but hopefully soon! Hope all is well back at home. I did see the Packers lost. :(
Until next time,