Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: 1st time travelling to taiwan for holiday - Taroko Gorge, Hualien County travel question
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > Taiwan
stella27
How do we tour around by free and easy style? i noticed all are with tour guides, plus we can still visit during weekdays right?
athena
QUOTE(stella27 @ Jun 12 2010, 03:07 AM) *

How do we tour around by free and easy style? i noticed all are with tour guides, plus we can still visit during weekdays right?

Hi there. Hualien and Taroko are actually quite easy to do on your own. At most hostels they will have city maps and be able to point you in the right direction. To get to Taroko Gorge you need to take the train to Xincheng (新城) station. From there you can take the tour buses. Sometimes they are free...sometimes they are NT$80. You never know. The buses connect you to all the major attractions inside the park. You can also rent scooters in Hualien and do the drive up yourself. I recommend having an international driver's license as well as lots of insurance! Driving in Taiwan is a bit of an extreme sport.
bluestarfish
you can take Taiwan Fun tour bus, the bus services one time per hour,
the bus route, from Hualien ---> Sincheng (新城) ---> Toroko,
from Hualien ---> Sincheng (新城) will be takes one hour,
so I suggest that, In case of you comes form Taipei, you take a train to Sincheng (新城) railway station,
then take the tour bus to Toroko, save your time,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.