Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Kuwait Visa
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > Kuwait
raniroo
Does anybody know of the visa process for Kuwait. I have heard that you need to be sponsored to visit, however have also read that UK passport holders can obtain a visa on entry. Just wandering that might be the same for Australian passport holders?

I cannot seem to find a website for Kuwait embassies and all the tourism sites suggest sponsorship?
starlagurl
Do you live in Dubai right now? Because residents of UAE do not need visas.

Or, so says this website: http://www.asiarooms.com/travel-guide/kuwa...nformation.html
inasia2008
I found this, it may help!

Kuwait Passport & Visa Requirements

Visa Agencies: Avoid the stress and queues, get a visa agency to arrange your visa.
Travel Visa Pro, San Francisco, USA. 1-888-470-8472 or www.TravelVisaPro.com
Global Visas, London, UK. 0207 190 3903 or www.globalvisas.com

Entry requirements for Australians: Australians must have a passport. A visa is available on arrival for up to three months.

I think this is the same as Bahrain and the rest of the Middle East, basically you can get a VISA of up to 3 months upon landing, but this does not allow you to take up employment! So far as I know, and this is true for everyone (having lived there for 2 years) that you only need a sponsor if you are going to work there, and the company undertakes the process of getting you a VISA from the government offices. But apart from that, you don't need a sponsor just for visiting! I did find that in Bahrain when I landed there was a charge of BD5 for VISA purposes, so I would check this, but I didn't have this in Dubai or Abu Dhabi! See note below....

Passport/Visa Note: All travellers must have documents and tickets for onward or return travel. Those requiring a visa may obtain one on arrival for a fee of up to 5 dinars, provided they hold sufficient funds to cover their intended stay. Visas may also be obtained prior to departure.

Note: Passport and visa requirements are liable to change at short notice. Travellers are advised to check their entry requirements with their embassy or consulate.
raniroo
Many Thanks Starlagurl and Inasia2008....

All me online searches kept telling me that I did need a visa, although I have UAE residency and it is clearly out of date.

You would think that living in the UAE I would now the visa requirements for the middle east....but alas it is the middle east....and continue to hit a brick wall!
starlagurl
I'd still call the embassy if I were you though.
olajide
QUOTE(raniroo @ Jun 4 2008, 08:40 AM) *

Does anybody know of the visa process for Kuwait. I have heard that you need to be sponsored to visit, however have also read that UK passport holders can obtain a visa on entry. Just wandering that might be the same for Australian passport holders?

I cannot seem to find a website for Kuwait embassies and all the tourism sites suggest sponsorship?

i am olajide from nigeria, i need kuwait visa,am a computer engineer here in nigeria
raniroo
An Australian Citizen can now receive a visa on arrival. The list of countries this is available to is quiet lengthy, but still wise to check with local consulate/embassy. From memory UK, NZ, Canada were included on that list.

Some passengers flying from Dubai to Kuwait were refused boarding because they didn't have a visa (and their passport was not on the list!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.