Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Ocean Air Flight booking
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > Brazil
derv
HI

Has anyone successfully tried to book a flight with Ocean Air? I am trying to on their website but it is asking me was my credit card issued in Brazil or Argentina, its not as I'm from Ireland. I am just wondering is there another way? I sent them an email a few days ago but received no reply....

Or in the alternative if when I get to Sao Paulo in 2 months will the flight be a lot more expensive? Its nice a cheap at the minute yes.gif half the price of Varig and at a better time for us to fly dance3.gif

Any input advices would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
speak_cool.gif

starlagurl
You should probably call them on the telephone.

Here's a link to their website, but I'm sure you already know it:
http://www.oceanair.com.br/empresa/default_pers.asp
derv
QUOTE(starlagurl @ Mar 27 2008, 09:12 AM) *

You should probably call them on the telephone.

Here's a link to their website, but I'm sure you already know it:
http://www.oceanair.com.br/empresa/default_pers.asp

I tried before but I think I was doing something wrong, I was putting the international code in for Brazil trying one or two numbers will no success blink.gif

I'm prob just being stupid, thanks a million though.
starlagurl
Better ask the operator what to do, because I have zero idea how to call Brazil.
big_red_truck
Don't know if this is too late for you. But for future reference.

For most of the airlines in Brazil, you have to have a CPF# to make an online booking. This is the Brazilian ID card. The airlines cross reference the name associated with the CPF# and that on the credit card to try to fight credit card fraud. The only airline that I've been able to book by myself online is GOL. TAM and Varig require the CPF#. Your other option is to call a Brazilian travel agent, but then you'll need to be somewhat fluent in Portuguese.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.