Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Nude flights for tourists
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > Germany
introducinlyric
found this article and found it quite interesting and amusing

GERMAN holidaymakers will be able to indulge their love of naturism by taking to the skies nude on special flights being launched this year, a travel company said today.

"In the former East Germany, naturist holidays were a much-loved way of spending the best weeks of the year," said the founder of OssiUrlaub.de, Enrico Hess.

"We want to make that freedom possible above the clouds too."

The flights are aimed specifically at former East Germans, nicknamed "Ossis" in German, who feel nostalgic for the naturism that was authorised and extremely popular under communist rule.

The first nude flights will be a day-trip on July 5 between Erfurt in southeast Germany and the Baltic Sea island of Usedom, which is fringed by white sand beaches.

Tickets cost E499 ($A838) and there are just 50 seats on board the jet.

"All the passengers will fly naked, but they are only allowed to undress once they are in the plane. But then they will be able to enjoy the hour-long flight in the way God intended," Hess said.

The pilot and the flight attendants will however keep their clothes on.
mmbcross
Are they nuts (pun intended)? I can quite see the joys of sunbathing on a lovely beach in the nude, but flying in the nude doesn't seem logical at all. To my mind the whole point of being naked is to enjoy fresh air and sunshine, not canned aircraft air. Hopefully they won't spill hot airline coffee over themselves. I wonder if they think they will lower their carbon footprints by flying naked?
introducinlyric
QUOTE(mmbcross @ Mar 16 2008, 11:05 PM) *

Are they nuts (pun intended)? I can quite see the joys of sunbathing on a lovely beach in the nude, but flying in the nude doesn't seem logical at all. To my mind the whole point of being naked is to enjoy fresh air and sunshine, not canned aircraft air. Hopefully they won't spill hot airline coffee over themselves. I wonder if they think they will lower their carbon footprints by flying naked?

i thought the idea was nuts too but some people would actually enjoy such a thing. personally i would never go to a nudist beach let alone fly naked.

"I wonder if they think they will lower their carbon footprints by flying naked?"

maybe people would think that way and thats an interesting point you made - kind of goes with the thread i posted earlier Does green travel really work?
lraleigh
[quote name='introducinlyric' date='Mar 17 2008, 02:33 AM' post='45029']
[quote name='mmbcross' post='44996' date='Mar 16 2008, 11:05 PM']
Hopefully they won't spill hot airline coffee over themselves. [/url]
[/quote]

lol

Do they collect their luggage nude as well?

Does this mean the stewardess is nude too!?

Maybe they can arrange it so that door to door they don't need to bring any clothes: nude taxi, nude check-in, nude waiting room, nude flight, nude baggage claim, nude customs (they don't need the metal detector, but maybe a cavity search!), then nude visa stamp, nude taxi, and finally nude beach (reverse on way back).

lraleigh
Missed the last line about the stewardess and pilots wearing clothes...
introducinlyric
[quote name='lraleigh' date='Mar 17 2008, 02:42 AM' post='45030']
[quote name='introducinlyric' date='Mar 17 2008, 02:33 AM' post='45029']
[quote name='mmbcross' post='44996' date='Mar 16 2008, 11:05 PM']
Hopefully they won't spill hot airline coffee over themselves. [/url]
[/quote]

lol

Do they collect their luggage nude as well?

Does this mean the stewardess is nude too!?

Maybe they can arrange it so that door to door they don't need to bring any clothes: nude taxi, nude check-in, nude waiting room, nude flight, nude baggage claim, nude customs (they don't need the metal detector, but maybe a cavity search!), then nude visa stamp, nude taxi, and finally nude beach (reverse on way back).
[/quote]

laugh.gif i thought the same about metal detector although that wouldnt be hygenic laugh.gif
the whole idea is a lil off putting to be honest but would be hilarious if the flight attendants were nude and the pilot/captain but its only the passengers and they cant strip til they are on board flight
starlagurl
You know what would be an interesting thing for these nudist activists to arrange? Instead of having their own airline, just organize one flight that everyone gets on, without telling the airline, and all of a sudden everyone gets naked. That would generate some buzz for sure... What could they do to the nudists kick them off?
introducinlyric
QUOTE(starlagurl @ Mar 17 2008, 01:15 PM) *

You know what would be an interesting thing for these nudist activists to arrange? Instead of having their own airline, just organize one flight that everyone gets on, without telling the airline, and all of a sudden everyone gets naked. That would generate some buzz for sure... What could they do to the nudists kick them off?

like a naked ambush laugh.gif i like the way you think bahahahaha
starlagurl
Yeah and ambush, kinda like those improv everywhere things...
starlagurl
Yeah an ambush, kinda like those improv everywhere things...
introducinlyric
QUOTE(starlagurl @ Mar 18 2008, 08:46 AM) *

Yeah an ambush, kinda like those improv everywhere things...

not quite sure i get the "improv everywhere things" line you wrote....
starlagurl
Ohhhhhhh, you haven't heard of them?

Definitely watch some of their videos...soooooo hilarious

http://improveverywhere.com/
starlagurl
Ohhhhhhh my, update on the nudist flight! It might not happen after all. The airline is citing "intense public interest" as the reason to cancel the flight. Wowie zowie, that sounds like a PR disaster if I've ever heard one myself.

http://www.thelocal.de/11127/20080406/?Hoax
mmbcross
Hold it a sec. Nudists from the town of Erfurt to the Baltic Sea island of Usedom. What an unfortunate name of an island!

Not only this, but just down the page is another group of nudists from Erfurt.
http://www.thelocal.de/11225/20080410/

There is something fishy about all this!
starlagurl
Oh yeah, and lookit the URL "hoax" at the end? Hm...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.