Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Hiking/Trekking in Ukraine - east Crimea (east Krim, Krym)
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > Ukraine
gritz
Hi everyone! Usually i travel all summer in east Crimea (Krim, Krym) - Feodosia-Sudak cities region with my mountainbike and sleeping bag. I know this region well so if you are going there for hiking/trekking feel free to drop me a letter. I'm a pathfinder and steady traveller not a "guide" or a "businesman" and don't sell anything. Anyway besides many tourist developed attractions there are still many unknown even to many locals.

will gladly give advice and answer questions (if i can)
vrtulka99
Hi,

we will be moving to Ukraine for couple of years, and our first trip is going to be at the second half of August, to Odesa. And from there we would like to visit Crimea for three days. What would be the spots to visit? We will have a car, how easy is it to get around? We found a hiking trip that would take us for three days around the canyon, cave towns and cave monastery and many others, sleeping and eating at tatar families.

Do you have any suggestions, recommendations?
Thanks
ukrainian
QUOTE(vrtulka99 @ Apr 22 2008, 11:38 AM) *

Hi,

we will be moving to Ukraine for couple of years, and our first trip is going to be at the second half of August, to Odesa. And from there we would like to visit Crimea for three days. What would be the spots to visit? We will have a car, how easy is it to get around? We found a hiking trip that would take us for three days around the canyon, cave towns and cave monastery and many others, sleeping and eating at tatar families.

Do you have any suggestions, recommendations?
Thanks

The canyon, cave towns and cave monastery - good choice! It is possible to spend the whole week on this routes. But of course you'll need good guide in that case.
Here tips is good article with tips for autotourist in Crimea. It is in russian sad.gif but you can translate it through google.
It is easy to get around if you wouldn't get too deep from the road smile.gif
To eat and sleep calmly with tatar/other family I'd recomend you to check what they offer and who they are.
hikealone
QUOTE(gritz @ Feb 29 2008, 03:01 AM) *

Hi everyone! Usually i travel all summer in east Crimea (Krim, Krym) - Feodosia-Sudak cities region with my mountainbike and sleeping bag. I know this region well so if you are going there for hiking/trekking feel free to drop me a letter. I'm a pathfinder and steady traveller not a "guide" or a "businesman" and don't sell anything. Anyway besides many tourist developed attractions there are still many unknown even to many locals.

will gladly give advice and answer questions (if i can)

Hi,
I will be staying in Staryy Krym this September and plan to do a few hikes between Staryy Krym, Sudak and Koktebel. Any particular recommendations? Also, is it possible to rent a tent, backpacks and sleeping bags in the area?
Thanx,
Happy Travels
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.