Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Tombstone Arizona
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > U.S.A. > Arizona
corinneconley
My sister lives in Goodyear so I hop out there often and I am looking for little excursions to do next time I am out there. Do you think Tombstone, AZ is worth a few hours drives? It looks kind of fun, but cheesy.

Or are there actual ghost towns closer to Goodyear worth checking out?
semi-backpacker
There's a ghost town MUCH closer to Goodyear, it's Jerome, Arizona. I've been there and loved it. Many scenic views and charming town, the ghosts are just a bonus:

http://www.azjerome.com/
muggeragem
QUOTE(corinneconley @ Jan 13 2010, 04:28 AM) *

My sister lives in Goodyear so I hop out there often and I am looking for little excursions to do next time I am out there. Do you think Tombstone, AZ is worth a few hours drives? It looks kind of fun, but cheesy.

Or are there actual ghost towns closer to Goodyear worth checking out?

I was in Tombstone this Fall and if you have lots of money to spend on walking around faux museums I'd wouldn't go there. Although the actual graveyard on the edge of town was fun. For a $2 donation you got a booklet on who was buried in the graveyard. I Enjoyed visiting the graves and stopping to read about each person.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.