muddyfeet
And if so how?!

Thanks
Jacques
QUOTE(muddyfeet @ Jan 2 2008, 03:09 PM) *

And if so how?!

Thanks

Hi,

I don't think you can download directly form Flikr but what you need to do is copy all the Flikr photos you want into your own computer and then use our new photo uploader to upload them to your own travel blog in TravelPod.
Jacques
By the way...it's very easy to download from Flikr onto your computer but you just can't download from them to another site on the internet, you have to have the intermediate step of putting them onto your computer..
sicheiiyazhi
I posted about this issue nearly a year ago. It seems, given Flickr's immense popularity, that a way to import or at least link to Flickr photos/sets would be one way to really improve TravelPod and make it more useful beyond the closed community it already supports. Have plans for this progressed at all in the last year?
jacquesl
Not yet.

We have been so busy with the success of our Traveler IQ game that it has brought so many new members with so many good ideas that our roadmap for improvements has grown tremendously and we are tackling all the suggestions we got from members as fast as we can but there is quite a lot to do...just bear with us!

Thanks
kartoffelmos
So this feature is in the making? Please say it is! I want my travel blog to show off my Flickr-photos smile.gif
jacquesl
QUOTE(kartoffelmos @ Jun 5 2008, 07:06 PM) *

So this feature is in the making? Please say it is! I want my travel blog to show off my Flickr-photos smile.gif

It is in the making...on the list, ....gonna be done, .....not on the back burner......got our attention....there is interest in this.....don't know when it will be finished but it's coming.....
danielringrose
QUOTE(jacquesl @ Jun 5 2008, 09:09 PM) *

QUOTE(kartoffelmos @ Jun 5 2008, 07:06 PM) *

It is in the making...on the list, ....gonna be done, .....not on the back burner......got our attention....there is interest in this.....don't know when it will be finished but it's coming.....

Hi, I thought it could be worth bumping this post up as it's been 18 months... I'd really like to integrate with flickr, and will shift to TravelPod from OffExploring once this can be done (OE has full integration with flickr now). Could TP please update when we'll see this feature? Thanks
jacquesl
You can put a link to your Flickr photos, right into your entry if you wanted to. That is something that you can do now.

Just not download them directly from Flickr ... not yet, which we would much prefer but....It is in the making...on the list, ....gonna be done, .....not on the back burner......got our attention....there is interest in this.....don't know when it will be finished but it's coming
bruceontour
I also wish to add my support to have this link from Flickr to Travel Pod possible.
Now home and have time ... just rewriting my African blog and uploading photos and adding titles them at the same time ... something that I have already done in Flickr.
danielringrose
QUOTE(bruceontour @ Feb 3 2010, 03:56 AM) *

I also wish to add my support to have this link from Flickr to Travel Pod possible.
Now home and have time ... just rewriting my African blog and uploading photos and adding titles them at the same time ... something that I have already done in Flickr.

If not achievable, is it possible to at minimum use the file name (minus the .xxx extension) used as the photo title? This seems logically very simple, and suits those of us who mark their photo's by filename.

If any progress with Flickr integration, I'm happy to volunteer my time to help test.
benandlindsey
I can attest that linking to your flickrs photos in Travelpod entries works very well and looks great. Unfortunately, it seems to me that there might be some sort of bug with this right now, but when it works, it's awesome.

Right now, I'm see that HTML embedded tags seem to be stripped out - the ones that are our flickr tags.

I can paste the HTML Flickr tag into the edit pane just fine, but when I preview (View) the entry, the photo doesn't show and then going back to the edit pane (HTML view), this embedded flickr HTML it is no longer there (i.e. seems to be stripped out at some point).

Anyone else seeing this issue?
jacquesl
We are looking into that right now..it should be working!

I will let you know what the problem was !
jacquesl
Hi all,

We found a bug in the program and we should have it running again by Monday!

Cheers,

support@travelpod.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.