Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Car hire brazil uruguay
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > Uruguay
martinmurray345
A friend and I have been to Brazil several times, Uruguay only once. What we would really like to do is combine the two, but we can't find a car-hire company which will let us hire in Uruguay, then drive into Brazil and back, or alternatively allow us to hire in Brazil, then drive into Uruguay and back.

Does anyone know a company, either in Uruguay or Brazil, which allows this?

Martin
starlagurl
Hmmm! I don't know! Maybe you should try taking the bus?
luizagoedert
QUOTE(starlagurl @ Dec 28 2009, 03:08 PM) *

Hmmm! I don't know! Maybe you should try taking the bus?

Hey, I'm from Brazil! I'm pretty sure you can do this if you hire a car from this company called AVIS! Hope I helped smile.gif
peace
mmbcross
Usually the problems incurred with renting a car in one country and driving to another are insurance related. If you own your own car in Brazil, you can drive all over South America, even though some countries may insist on you purchasing a local insurance to cover you while driving in that country. Because rental car insurance is so much higher than regular insurance, it could be that by paying a surcharge to cover the additional insurance, you may be able to take the car into a neighbouring country. You will have to check with each rental company to see if this is acceptable.
martinmurray345
Luizagoedert wrote:

Hey, I'm from Brazil! I'm pretty sure you can do this if you hire a car from this company called AVIS! Hope I helped

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I checked on the Avis site, and it clearly stated "cars may not be driven out of Brazil". So I'm still looking.

Thanks,

Martin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.