Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Budget Airlines to Sri Lanka
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > Sri Lanka
npacadia
I will be traveling to Sri Lanka from Dubai in December. Mihin Lanka offers incredibly cheap fares, but it is a new airline and only has two planes. I am concerned about safety, solvency, and reliability. Has anyone flown with them and can share your experiences? Air Arabia, another budget airline, also flies to Colobmo from UAE and has been in business since 2003 and seems to have a great reputation. I am considering which airline to book my travel with.

By the way, from the US, you can only book flights with Mihin Lanka by wiring or electronically transferring the cost of the tickets to their Sri Lankan bank account. Very concerning.

David
Bar Harbor, Maine
USA
rbisset
It seems legit enough as it's run by the government. I'd personally choose Air Arabia as it's more established and cheaper.
pantarei
Im based in Colombo and have flown on Mihin Lanka to Bangkok.
It's a real "no frills" airline, but things went well.
Many of my friends and relatives regularly use Mihin on the Colombo-Malé route.
The payment is probably the hassle, if you have to wire transfer...
Thomas
ingevesters
Check Jetlite, I will be going to Colombo for Christmas and I am flying with that airline from Chennai. It was by far the cheapest I was able to find.
Inge
rbisset
QUOTE(ingevesters @ Dec 4 2007, 08:28 AM) *

Check Jetlite, I will be going to Colombo for Christmas and I am flying with that airline from Chennai. It was by far the cheapest I was able to find.
Inge

How much was the flight?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.