Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Top Ten in Ontario, Canada
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > Canada > Ontario
ljrjung
Looking for your top ten experiences, attraction or places in Ontario, Canada.
Cheers!
thellie
algonquin national park, in february... brrrrrrrrrrrrr, but fantastic
Jessica_CDN
- Sandbanks provincial park - one of the nicest beaches I've been to in Canada
- kayaking the thousand islands
- Ottawa - skating the length of the Rideau Canal (sure it's cold, but it's great) and then eating a beavertail (a pastry, not an actual animal!)
wakingdream
Definitely Algonquin.
~
Toronto:
ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) in Toronto
AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario)
Kensington Market
Chinatown
Distillery District
I could go on and on.....
~
I'd second Sandbanks. Picton's lovely.
~
Northern Ontario:an outdoor paradise....
Manitoulin Island
Blind River
Temagami
Burk's Falls

Cape Croker/Cypress Lake at the Bruce Trail
Jessica_CDN
I'd say the historic town of Kingston, Ontario - Canada's first capital, gateway to the thousand islands, right on lake Ontario, end of the Rideau canal.......
rosecameron
Northern Ontario. Sir Sam's inn on eagle lake. Wolf santuary near by. You can see them in their natural habitat. Town of Haliburton.
wakingdream
QUOTE(rosecameron @ Jul 30 2007, 08:26 AM) *

Northern Ontario. Sir Sam's inn on eagle lake. Wolf santuary near by. You can see them in their natural habitat. Town of Haliburton.

Oh yeah, Haliburton's fantastic. yes.gif

Ontario's 1000 Islands, Gananoque.
andrea
- canoe tripping in Algonquin or Frontenac Parks
- dog sledding (just across the river in Ottawa)
- snowshoeing (just across the river in Ottawa - Gatineau)
- Shakespeare festival in Stratford in the summer
- Science North museum in Sudbury
- Kayaking the north shore of Lake Superior
starlagurl
Hey come on, Niagara Falls guys...one of the wonders of the world, plus the pretty side is Canadian.

I also enjoy Algonquin Park IMMENSELY.
Jacques
Ottawa, The nation's Capital is a very nice place to vist and it has a lot to do and visit.
loolie
Haliburton is awesome - we did some "tree trekking" there, visited a planetarium, and a wolf centre. Great natural scenery.
sqm
Tobermory is also really really nice. I've never been though, but I would really like to go. Have any of you been there?
jayr.roberts2
go see the cn tower and the Royal ontario museum but also another great place that people forget is the ontario science center so much fun! and if you a chance go watch a leafs or raptors game so much fun!
sqm
My top ten attractions last year (in no particular order) are as follows:

10. Dining at the CN Tower's revolving restaurant

9. Great Golf Courses - Love Cedarbrae

8. Sandbanks - Maybe Ontario's best and sandiest beach.

7. The Royal Ontario Museum

6. Art Gallery of Ontario

5. Niagara Falls (check out maid in the midst and stay at one of their great B&B's

4. Nature/Camping enthusiasts should check out Algonquin Park.

3. The Science Center

2. Blue Mountain for Skiing

1. If your in Toronto check out the distillery district and kensington market!
marian55
QUOTE(ljrjung @ Jul 17 2007, 01:09 PM) *

Looking for your top ten experiences, attraction or places in Ontario, Canada.
Cheers!

I, Ray Brown, am a local in Niagara Falls and I would recommend a few sites here like:
Journey behind the falls, Butterfly conservatory, Whirlpool aero car, Whirlpool jet boats/or White water walk, Niagara Parks recreation trail(which travels past manicured parks, botanical gardens, and nature/conservation areas), and if you like golf there are public 18 hole courses.
Check out the Attractions Ontario website at www.attractionsontario.ca.
drnszgy
If you visit Downtown toronto, do visit CN Tower, Kensington Market, China Town, St. Lawrence market...
losangeleslimo
Thousand Islands, Algonquin Park, Adirondacks, Saratoga area, Stratford are the best places to visit in Ontario. I have had a great experience of travelling in my life on above places.
jerome12
We visited Canada a couple of years back and one of the best time of my life there. On our vist to Ontario we visited a few places Out of which Niagara Falls was the best experience. The pristine beauty of the falls is so splendid to watch. One just gets so engrossed in it tha he forgets everything else.
For other places to visit we rented a car from ontarioairportcarrentals.com and enjoyed our trip to the fullest. We visited
Butterfly conservatory
Thousand Islands
Royal ontario museum
Algonquin Park
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.