Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Visa for Indonesia
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > Indonesia
ianj68
hyper.gif Hello everyone,

I am travelling through Vietnam, Cambodia, Lao, Thailand Malaysia, Singapore on route to Indonesia. I want to get a 60 day visa, but this only lasts for 90 days after issue? I will have been away 5-6 months before I get to Indonsia, so this will not work?

My question is to those of you that have been to Indonesia, is it easy to exit after 30days and reenter? as I really want to saty in indonesia for at leat 2 months?

If you have anu other suggestions that would be great.

Thanks

Ian
starlagurl
Could you get the 60 day visa in Singapore before you get to Indonesia?
jeremystravels
They issue visa on arrival there too, but you have to have proof of onward travel from what I've read. Depending on your country you could probably either get a longer visa at arrival or apply for an extension once you are there. But the easiest way would be to go to a consulate somewhere along the way.
amidgett
Yes, it is easy to exit and reenter Indonesia for extending your visa. My husband just did that last August. We went out to kuala lumpur for 2 days, and reentered. The only hassle is a long line for getting visa on arrival at the airport.
danstravelworld
QUOTE(ianj68 @ Oct 29 2009, 01:13 PM) *

hyper.gif Hello everyone,

I am travelling through Vietnam, Cambodia, Lao, Thailand Malaysia, Singapore on route to Indonesia. I want to get a 60 day visa, but this only lasts for 90 days after issue? I will have been away 5-6 months before I get to Indonsia, so this will not work?

My question is to those of you that have been to Indonesia, is it easy to exit after 30days and reenter? as I really want to saty in indonesia for at leat 2 months?

If you have anu other suggestions that would be great.

Thanks

Ian

Visa on arrival in Jakarta and extend it there the next day. V easy, don't need all the onward stuff/proof of money etc. Just a crisp $20 bill. Otherwise yeah, visa run is fine.
ianj68
thanks everyone for your responses, i will leave and reenter after a couple days somewhere else. thanks again Ian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.