Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: 8 Places Every American Should Visit
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > U.S.A.
manzara
As Laura MacNeil of Budget Travel reports through CNN, "No offense to the nation's capital, but the landmarks of our heritage extend far beyond the District of Columbia."

8 Places in America

Any views on this from American members - and others!
skylab
Grand Canyon is a natural wonder and doesn't compare to anything man made. Yellowstone for sure..

Washington DC is kinda boring to me. lol
skylab
lol why is graceland on this list
laorfamily
I can add a few more places, LOL

I think the list would be fine without the Sears Tower, Graceland and Historic Ebenezer Baptist Church.

I'd add Mt. Vernon, VA, Mt. Rushmore, SD and Constitution Hall in Philladelphia PA instead.
huckabmm
QUOTE(laorfamily @ Oct 15 2009, 10:54 AM) *

I think the list would be fine without the Sears Tower, Graceland and Historic Ebenezer Baptist Church.

I'd add Mt. Vernon, VA, Mt. Rushmore, SD and Constitution Hall in Philladelphia PA instead.

I agree.

I'd also second Independence Hall and add the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Can't really get more American than that!
jeremystravels
Get rid of the Sears Tower, Monticello, Graceland, Pearl Harbor, and Ebenezer Baptist Church. I'd say there are much better places to see than those. I'd even put Disney World on that list over Graceland.
semi-backpacker
I agree with Jeremy. This list is awful. I would never pick Graceland or the Canyon...and not just because I live in AZ dance.gif
kitkatgo
Yeah, strange list. Graceland, really? blink.gif

...and the church...to be honest, I've never even heard of that church. I'm not saying it doesn't have merit, historically speaking, but not on the top 8.

And the Sears Tower...why?

I'm just not sure I see the reasoning behind their choices. Very odd.

The Grand Canyon, Yosemite...and plenty of other places are important American sites to visit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.