Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: What's up with US carriers?
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > U.S.A.
cheli
I read this blog recently and pissed myself laughing especially as this was me on my first flight to the US:

Then I flew 14 hours from LA to Sydney: still no telly. In the words of a great American: you cannot be serious.

http://blogs.smh.com.au/travel/archives/20...s_carriers.html

LAX and United go down as the airport and airline I hope never to meet again. What have your experiences been like?
wakingdream
Flying through the US is definitely not my favourite experience! There's always something that turns out to be a major pain.
starlagurl
Haha, I don't think it's THAT bad. The only difference I found was legroom and crap food.
kitkatgo
Agreed...the food is crap AND they nickel and dime you to death.

When flying longhauls and choosing your flight...look at the type of airplane. Seriously. Whenever possible, and it isn't always, but I try to fly on 777s or the equivalent...they have personal monitors for everyone (at least on American Airlines). I am dependent on entertainment to survive a long flight, lol!

As far as LAX goes, I fly to and from there most of the time. In recent years I have had no trouble with LAX. In fact, it's better than some of the surrounding local airports to get through security and such. Heathrow is my least fav airport.
kilgiraffe
My experience with the west coast is zero, but I found that I liked MIA a LOT more than Pearson! At least there's stuff to do before departures.. Also, the only American carrier I've used is AA, and in the air I haven't had a single problem. On the ground is an ENTIRELY different story..
cheli
QUOTE(starlagurl @ Sep 10 2009, 11:00 AM) *

Haha, I don't think it's THAT bad. The only difference I found was legroom and crap food.

Louise my sweet, that's cos you use Air Canada and they're not that much better. I got such a shock to be told 15 min before my 5 hour flight from Halifax to Vancouver that there'd be no food provided! I will admit, being Australian I am spoilt. QANTAS and Singapore Air are my stock in trade so everything else just doesn't compete...
starlagurl
Hmmm, yeah it's true. I couldn't believe the service in Japan/Thailand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.