Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Colombia is PASSION!!!
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > Colombia
Caro!
Welcome!!!

As a new moderator for South America, I'd love to show you where I come from and what my country is all about. I was born in Bogota, Colombia a country that is known for drugs and mafia, but beyond that stereotype Colombia is pure passion for good stuffs.

Check out this video, and get a new perspective of an awosome country!!!

Colombia es Pasion!

Caro!
travelerbill
A travel story I've told often is about a couple girls I met in Medellin. They asked me what my song was. When I said I didn't have one, they looked sad for me. It's just not a Canadian thing I said.

When I asked them what their songs were, they suddenly brightened up and started into passionate singing complete with gestures and dance. Anyone around them knew the words and would join in at key moments as well.

Things like this were common to see in Colombia, with people singing to songs on the radio or even as they passed any music that was playing. Amazing how happy the people in this country are considering the history.
Caro!
We are very HAPPY people!!!!! smile.gif

Caro!

p.s: I have a song too!!!
ScottWoz
Caro, I'd very much like to hear your song..
Caro!
ok...

Ahhhhhhyyyyy Que Orgulloso me siento se ser un buen colombiano!!!
Banada por dos mares y el horizonte Cafe Cafe cafe y petroleo
ciudades amables mujeres lindas
te vas te vas y no la olvidas...

One of this days I'll sing it on SKYPE!!

Caro!
senorbrian
I definatly want to check out colombia next time im in latin america, Heard so meny good things about it
ScottWoz
QUOTE(Caro! @ Sep 26 2006, 04:37 AM) *

One of this days I'll sing it on SKYPE!!

Caro!

I'm gonna hold you to that Caro.. yes.gif
Caro!
Scott, I will give you a SERENATA don't you worry

Caro!
ScottWoz
I look forward to it. Will the snake be wrapped round you while you sing it?
Caro!
No, he only wrpas around while I belly dance!!!

Caro!
ScottWoz
That's refreshingly convenient Caro. So while I'm making the 'toast everyone with a Beer Lao' video, you can make one of you belly dancing with a serpent while you serenade us?
Caro!
there you go, that's an idea!!!!

Caro!
ScottWoz
You're on. It's a deal yes.gif
Caro!
I'll get on that!!

Veil, snake and candels in hand, very Morocco style

Caro!

Ahhh we are getting off topic right now with all this belly dancing thing. Back to Colombia, here is Villa de Leyva a beautiful town, two hours away from Bogota. The place has a magic of its own, and I really recommend people to go there, so if you happen o be in Bogota, take a bus headding this way, you are goinng to LOVE IT!!!

Caro!
wakingdream
I'm sold! Colombia sounds wicked! I love happy people! Actually, we almost went when we were in Peru/Brasil/Bolivia. Why didn't we??!!
Caro!
you missed a good time, I'm telling you Colombia is a good place to visit!!! I have invited one of my English friends, but no answer yet. I'm sure he would have an awesome time, plus I have plenty of single friends that would love to show him around!

Caro!
rocinante
Caro, de acuerdo con todo - Colombia es lo mejor. La comida, el clima y, lo que es más importante, la gente. Soy de Nueva York pero llevo seis meses viviendo en Medallo. Pienso ir a Bogotá este verano. Una pregunta: ¿Nos podrías contar tu historia - por qué te has mudado a los Estados Unidos? ¿Cuanto tiempo llevas viviendo allí? No quiero faltarle al respeto, sólo por curiosidad.

Caro , I agree with everything - Colombia is the best. The food, the climate and, most importantly, the people. I'm from New York City but I have been living in Medellín for six months. I intend to visit Bogotá this summer. One question: Can you tell us your story - why have you moved to the US? How long have you lived there? I mean no disrespect, just curious.
Caro!
I came to the staes to study. End up marring an American, so I stayed here!

Caro!
ScottWoz
QUOTE(Caro! @ Oct 17 2006, 04:39 PM) *

you missed a good time, I'm telling you Colombia is a good place to visit!!! I have invited one of my English friends, but no answer yet. I'm sure he would have an awesome time, plus I have plenty of single friends that would love to show him around!

Caro!

No answer yet? I told you. You latinas are loco. Single friends eh? So how much are flights anyway?
Caro!
Scott, Scott....

You are defenetely something else. Complain all the time about latinas and now you want to meet my single friends??? Umm, man if you can't stand the heat, don't get in the kitchen!!!!

Caro!
ScottWoz
But I like it in the kitchen Caro.. yes.gif
Caro!
well, then don't complain about the heat.

Caro!
ScottWoz
I'm not, latinas just drive me insane..
Caro!
Well I can see that in the pic, SCARY!!!!!

Caro!
ScottWoz
So there you go, now you can see the effects. I look broken don't I?
cthrasher
I am going to South America next month for about 3 months. I would love to go to Colombia but...is it safe? If so, where are the places to avoid and the places not to miss? Thanks!
Caro!
Colombia is as safe as any other country in SA. Of course you should always take some precautions, but over all it is safe. Bogota is a nice city, full of contrast and places to visit. A lot of tourist go there just becase it is the capital of the country, other really enjoy the sightseeing. Villa de leyva is two hours away from Bogota, but completely worth it.

Caro!
diana_85
Hi! My name is Diana and I'm also from Colombia! I would also like to invite everybody to come and visit us! You will have the time of your life!!
diana_85
QUOTE(cthrasher @ Mar 27 2007, 07:38 AM) *

I am going to South America next month for about 3 months. I would love to go to Colombia but...is it safe? If so, where are the places to avoid and the places not to miss? Thanks!

Hi. I'm from Bogota and I have traveled by bus in Colombia. I can assure u that it is very safe to travel inside Colombia. What are u planning to visit? There are some places u can't miss depending on what part of Colombia ur planning to go to. In the coast I recommend Cartagena, La guajira (el cabo de la vela). In the center there are tons of places to go: Bogotá (obviously), the department of Boyacá( Villa de Leyva, Paipa). In the west: Medellín (beautiful!)
If u need anymore advice let me know.
soundboy
I've heard both good and bad things about safety in Colombia. I'm planning a big trip soon and it includes travelling by land through the entire country, from Barranquilla-Cartagena-Medellin-Bogota-Cali and down to Ecuador. I thought this was a suicide mission but I've been reading and it seems to me that the insecurity is more of a myth than a reality, especially if you travel smart and stick to main travel routes.

What advice could you give a traveller like me? Would you advice against any of these cities I mentioned? Should I be worried? I don't want to be paranoid, but I don't want to be careless either. Thanks!
rocinante
Nacional se ganó! hyper.gif
Barrett
Hi Carol!

I haven't been on here much as I've been a busy boy but at last I have booked some vacation time! I am flying into Colombia last week of Sept until first week of Oct. I am also hoping to get to Machu Pichu in Peru. Ambitious but I think I can do it by flying a lot. Also, I plan to go to Leticia in the Amazon and Medellin.

Any particular advice for me in Colombia? Are you living in Bogota?

Cheers,
Barrett
Jessica_CDN
Barrett!! Welcome back! I'm so jealous that you're going to Colombia! You're going to have a great time. smile.gif

Caro is living in Miami, but I'm sure she'll be able to give you lots of great suggestions. smile.gif
peacefrog
Hey Barett, be sure to post here the freshest tips, I'll be in Colombia in October!
Happy planning!
yalka26
I would like to ask thoes help who has opinion about Colombia. I need it for uni work. ALL comments are welcome. its can be as short or as long as you want. Thanks for the help!

Allothers informations at: www. countryimageofcolombia.blogspot.com
xtashx
[size=4]hola caro

how are you? i am travelling to colombia in 3 weeks to meet up with friends. do you know any safety tips to take for a young girl like myself travelling alone. baby.gif
[b]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.