Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Perth
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > Australia
dodotheexplorer
Hi fellow travellers,

I am of to Perth soon and I am looking for some tips of what to do in and around Perth. Any recommodations?

Thanks
losangeleslimo
Well it depends on the purpose of going to Perth that you are for any business purpose or to spend vacation time. To spend a good vacation time there are a lot of places to visit like Cottesloe Beach, Rottnest Island, Fremantle, Swan Valley and Margaret River. These places have great point of attraction.
jerome12
In Perth water sports, swimming and surfing are not merely holiday activities but part of everyday life. The beaches on the Indian Ocean, in particular Cottesloe, Swanbourne (nude bathing beach), Port, City, Scarborough and Trigg Island beaches, and the sheltered inlets on the winding Swan River (Crawley, Nedlands, Peppermint Grove, Mosman Bay, Como, Canning Bridge, Applecross, Point Walter) are all within easy reach.

There are also boat trips to observe whales off Rottnest Island.

The Perth Festival, which lasts three weeks in February/March, has a full program of music, drama and other events.

You can also visit Aquarium of Western Australia an underwater aquarium.
rossport
G'day Dodo,

if you look at my blog from the pacific to the Indian oceans there is the Perth segment there hopefully that will give you some ideas as well the one thing i do recommend is the kings Gardens are a magical and a top place t wander around when you have explored all the other places.
Cheers Stewart
adviceau
I'm a huge Perth fan. The watersports there are crazy! You must visit Shark Bay, Cable beach and if possible try to go up north to Broome.
All these places offer you awesome diving, snorkeling and swimming experiences. Besides, there's also parasailing and stuff.
I am also very fond of the Bell Tower other than the museums and parks.
Also, plan a meal at the Fraserís Restaurant. You'll love it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.