Dec 1 2012, 12:22 AM
I am having severe problems with the iPad app. I first had the IPhone app, and used that on my iPad, which worked fine - is there anyway I can get that back?
The problems with the new app are following:
- Sometimes, when I'm offline, and I've written an entry, I want to start a new one - this is impossible, as it keeps saying either save, discard or keep editing - no matter what I do.
- A few times it has refused to update my photos. When I publish it, it only publishes the text. This has forced me to discard changes, and uploaded all the photos AGAIN.
- Now it just started acting completely retarted! I had the above-written problem, and after discarding changes, it wouldn't even let me upload photos in the app! Whenever I try, the photo screen turns white?!
This is all very frustrating, as the old app worked perfectly well.
Best regards Sofie.
Dec 3 2012, 10:01 AM
Sorry to hear about these problems. It may help you to re-install the app.
Specifically, I would do the following:
- If the entry you're working in has not published, copy the text of that entry into another app like Mail or Notes.
- Next, tap and hold on the app icon on the Home Screen until the black circles appear on your installed apps. Tap the black circle on the TravelPod app to delete it from your phone.
- Next, return to the App Store and re-install the TravelPod app:http://itunes.apple.com/app/travelpod/id485889767?mt=8
This should restore you to full functionality with the app.
Jan 24 2013, 12:20 AM
Using the iPad app, every time I try to upload existing photos, the app shuts down, closes. Has anyone else had this problem?
Jan 24 2013, 08:59 AM
I haven't seen this problem with TravelPod in particular, although it might be related to memory on your iPad. You could try a hard re-start on the iPad (holding down the power button until the device starts shutting down) or you could delete the app and re-install it. Here are the instructions for trying that:
- If the entry you're working in has not published, copy the text of that entry into another app like Mail or Notes so you can paste it back in after the re-install.
- Next, tap and hold on the app icon on the Home Screen until the black circles appear on your installed apps. Tap the black circle on the TravelPod app to delete it from your device.
- Next, return to the App Store and re-install the TravelPod app. Here's the link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/travelpod/id485889767?mt=8
Jan 24 2013, 09:14 AM
I am just testing before we leave, and just loaded the app on today. I try to add photos from existing, but when I click on the camera roll, the app crashes. Still 5 gb left on the ipad, so there should be enough memory. Will try shutdown and restart though.