Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Jackman, Maine
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > U.S.A. > Maine
wisconsin_fan81
Hi, my Wife and I (and our inlaws) will be traveling to Jackman from Dec. 26th through 29th. We are going to be staying at Sally's Cabins, and probably getting some snowmobiles to ride around on and doing some ice fishing. Is there anything we should not miss there?
starlagurl
Hmm... Quebec City is only 2 hours away. Will you have a car? It's a lovely city in the winter... cold, but quaint.
wisconsin_fan81
It is so funny that you should mention Quebec City...in another topic I responded to you that we had changed our travel plans and would be going to Jackman and then onto Quebec City! yeah, we are gonna be staying there from the 30th til Jan 1st. What should we not miss while there?
jrheavymetal
Jackman Maine should be an excellent location to spot moose, as moose alley is up there. Snowmobileing is the top thing to do, as they have many well groomed trails connecting many of the surrounding town up there, I believe they also have trails extending right up into Canada as well. I'm ot big on ice fishing, but they do alot of that up there as well. Cross country sking and snowshoeing are always fun. I don't know if your into hunting or how your trip lines up with the hunting season, but that area of the state is a major hunting area as well, moose, deer, bear.
jrheavymetal
Don't know if it will help, but I did dig up this link on Jackman with video. Has some stuff in there on Winter as well.

http://www.jackmanmerealestate.com/community.htm
wisconsin_fan81
Thank you so much! Appreciate all the help!
starlagurl
QUOTE(wisconsin_fan81 @ Aug 2 2009, 04:24 PM) *
It is so funny that you should mention Quebec City...in another topic I responded to you that we had changed our travel plans and would be going to Jackman and then onto Quebec City! yeah, we are gonna be staying there from the 30th til Jan 1st. What should we not miss while there?

In Quebec City, I would recommend Portofino's it's a great Italian restaurant. Very cozy atmosphere and friendly people.

I stayed at the Manoir Victoria, it was very nice.

Here's the blog about it: http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entri...80640/tpod.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.