Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Changing currency.....
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > Czech Republic
whereiswillbert
Hi all :-)
Simples ... I am off to Prague in augut for the 1st time and read quite a few bad stories when it comes to changing money out there so I thought id change it before I go....

Rates are crazy mind 20 squids gives you 560 czech koruna which brings me to my next query....

Would that be enough for 2 days in prague ?

Any input is welcome :-)

Willz
mimiama
Hi! Depends on what you want (need) to buy for that :-)
If you have your hotel room and food paid, then no problem.
If not, I would take a bit more ;-) Dont know what you want
to buy, so just generally you can count with:
* from 500CZK per night per person
* about 100CZK per lunch
* 75 minut transfer public transp. ticket 26CZK

If you'll have any other particular question, let us know.

M.
whereiswillbert
QUOTE(mimiama @ Jul 26 2009, 01:44 PM) *

Hi! Depends on what you want (need) to buy for that :-)
If you have your hotel room and food paid, then no problem.
If not, I would take a bit more ;-) Dont know what you want
to buy, so just generally you can count with:
* from 500CZK per night per person
* about 100CZK per lunch
* 75 minut transfer public transp. ticket 26CZK

If you'll have any other particular question, let us know.

M.

Thanks you for your reply :-) I am all sorted accomodation wise and i am couchsurfing right in the center so its really food, smoke and a few bevvies :-)

I think ill budget myself anyways and make it work somehow its just i didnt want to change money out there heard a few horro stories about people getting printed paper crying_anim02.gif

Thanks again :-)
mimiama
Well, it depends. I definitely wouldnt exchange money in the street. But if you use some exchange office or a bank, there is almost no chance youd get fake money...

Anyway, wish you a great time in Prague!

M.
kilgiraffe
I found it surprisingly easy to exchange various currencies into korunas in Prague actually, the exchange offices are pretty well labelled and the money they gave me was perfectly legitamite tongue.gif Also I didn't find Prague particularly expensive, although I was there on slightly less than normal circumstances..
whereiswillbert
angel1.gif

Thanks guys and for the tips i think Ill be ok if not Im sure I can work something out lol :-)

Enjoy the rest of your summer party.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.