Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: How to go to scotland - tour
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > United Kingdom
bens888
I m now in Leeds Uk after flying from Malaysia. I have a week in leeds an I m thinking of touring some cities in scotland. Is there any tour agent for touring scotland ? Thanks
kathryn77
Hi Ben smile.gif
It's really easy to get to Glasgow or Edinburgh from Leeds, and you can get a cheap return train ticket on The Trainline Put in your desired departure and return date, get the times and prices, then look for the link at the bottom that says something like "it might be cheaper to buy two singles" - it usually is wink.gif

As for a tour guide? Do you need one? How long will you be going for? What are your interests? When you arrive in Edinburgh, you are right at Edinburgh Castle smile.gif You can't miss it! smile.gif

I'm originally from Scotland, but have been living in Ireland for a year - I actually have a half-Irish/half-Malaysian friend here, that I was touring with today funnily enough smile.gif If I can be of any help, let me know speak_cool.gif
greekcypriot
Edinburgh .....only nice memories.
What an amazing place!

http://www.travelpod.com/members/greekcypriot
bens888
Hi there ......thanks for the suggestions and assistance.
Summer here is cold...! But is good like in a big aincon room !
kathryn77
QUOTE(bens888 @ Jul 19 2009, 09:37 AM) *

Hi there ......thanks for the suggestions and assistance.
Summer here is cold...! But is good like in a big aincon room !

Oh dear....I'm nervous for you! You're only in Leeds...it's going to get colder for you the further north you go...! Hopefully you'll acclimatise quickly smile.gif If not, here's a handy tip: East of Scotland (e.g. Edinburgh/Aberdeen) = colder, but drier; West of Scotland (e.g. Glasgow) = more rain, but warmer wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.