Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Map Support
Travel Forum - TravelPod > Welcome to the TravelPod forums > TravelPod Support
tanya.lesiuk
Hi,

I am wondering what I need to enter on the map so that it shows that I have travelled to Valencia. I have tried all of the titles for Valencia Spain and it shows the route mapper as at Madrid. Is there anyway to change the lines on the map and where they are going?
jacquesl
Hi,

I have emailed you instructions on how to manually place a map pin on the map.
bibka
QUOTE(jacquesl @ Nov 4 2012, 08:56 AM) *

Hi,

I have emailed you instructions on how to manually place a map pin on the map.

Hello, i have similar problem. The line in the map looks like we were "swimming" over the ocean 😄, in reality we were driving about 400 km on the roads near the sea. I think the problem is that the starting point and the final point are on the opposite part of the Adriatic sea.
jacquesl
the system does in fact place the lines *as the crow flies* and does not follow the road. The only way to get around this is to place a few blank entries with map pins that are between the two points and the map will follow the roads much closer.
bibka
QUOTE(jacquesl @ Nov 22 2012, 07:34 AM) *

the system does in fact place the lines *as the crow flies* and does not follow the road. The only way to get around this is to place a few blank entries with map pins that are between the two points and the map will follow the roads much closer.

Thank you for your answer. But... My attempt to put more than one pin in the map without the fact that the name of the main place of arrival change as well, or that I have to input new entry for each part of journey in the same day, was not succesfull. Definitely I'm doing something wrong, so, please, could you again explain in detail the procedure of inputing more than one pin in the map of the same day. I hope I was clear enough with my explanation of the problem blink.gif Best regards, Bibka
jacquesl
QUOTE(bibka @ Nov 28 2012, 07:00 AM) *

QUOTE(jacquesl @ Nov 22 2012, 07:34 AM) *

Thank you for your answer. But... My attempt to put more than one pin in the map without the fact that the name of the main place of arrival change as well, or that I have to input new entry for each part of journey in the same day, was not succesfull. Definitely I'm doing something wrong, so, please, could you again explain in detail the procedure of inputing more than one pin in the map of the same day. I hope I was clear enough with my explanation of the problem blink.gif Best regards, Bibka

It's as simple as having to create an new entry for each place you have been to and just use the same date when you create the entry. Also if you do not get them in the correct order just click on the brown diamond on the left of the entry and drag the entry to another location in the order of entries.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.