QUOTE(whereshegoes @ Aug 19 2006, 06:28 PM)
Wow...these colors are absolutely stunning! What camera are you using Adrian?
Um, too be honest, I can't remember until I look at it?!?! think its an Olympus Digital thingy about 3.2meg, but with a 10 x digital and 3 x optical zoom, which works a treat. I'll pull it out and check.... tend to find it doesn't matter about the camera if you subject is good and your composition is in order.
I did a two nite camera course about 3-4 years ago, and learned an amazing amount in such a short amount of time. I reckon you learn about 70% about decent photography in two days, and then could spend years learning about the remaining 30%, so the basics are real handy.
One thing I was taught was to scan the composition (if you've got time, of course no good in that 'once in a lifetime' photo moment) by running your eyes around the border before you take the photo to make sure nothing is out of place. I thought it was a crock until I got to India - the number of times I went to take a photo, only to scan the border to find someone going to the toilet in the background corner! Seriously! Mind you of course with digital you can edit afterwards...
(Suggestion - photo of the month competition, but pick a specific continent for each month... and maybe split Europe into east and west)