Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Stats pages now meaningless
Travel Forum - TravelPod > Welcome to the TravelPod forums > TravelPod Support
buckgw
Anyone else noticed that there is no longer any stats on the "stats page".... Just some meaningless bar charts with no scale

:-(
jacquesl
Thanks for your feedback on this. To better serve our members, we are changing the stats page substantially, and taking a closer look at the data we collect and display about each blog. Look for an update to that in the next few days.
We will continue to consider how best to display access information and may make further improvements down the line.
jrsherman81054
I agree with you. I sure hope the stats returns or substantially improves.
buckgw
Jacques
I have given feedback several times and it was improving, you have now taken a BIG step back. Next step needs to be a BIG step forward or simply revert to where it was....without the graphs.
Gary
buckgw
QUOTE(buckgw @ Jul 19 2012, 11:23 AM) *

Jacques
I have given feedback several times and it was improving, you have now taken a BIG step back. Next step needs to be a BIG step forward or simply revert to where it was....without the graphs.
Gary

I should perhaps explain how I was using it and perhaps that will assist. I have a daily blog that does not have massive numbers but gets around 40 hits per day. I keep an eye on which blogs are popular and try and continue that sort of theme. Now until something reaches a Top 10(?), I get zero feedback on good, bad or nil interest in my daily blogs. Also I have no idea how many hits it takes to get into my Top 10????

Bottom line is I was looking at the stats page every day or two, with the current info I will never use it.

Perhaps it is useful for others?
buckgw
QUOTE(jacquesl @ Jul 18 2012, 02:20 PM) *

Thanks for your feedback on this. To better serve our members, we are changing the stats page substantially, and taking a closer look at the data we collect and display about each blog. Look for an update to that in the next few days.
We will continue to consider how best to display access information and may make further improvements down the line.

Any news?? or are the changes I don't like the 'new improved ones'??
londone7
I would like to see more detailed stats information but dont take anything away from what we previously had!!
ericlussier
Hi Gents,

We've had to do some thinking about this one and we've decided to put it back to the way it was before, but only for certain members such as yourselves.

It shouldn't be too long!

Eric
buckgw
QUOTE(ericlussier @ Jul 24 2012, 09:48 AM) *

Hi Gents,

We've had to do some thinking about this one and we've decided to put it back to the way it was before, but only for certain members such as yourselves.

It shouldn't be too long!

Eric

Thanks Eric - Look forward to it.....happy to give advice on any ideas. My current blog may be a bit unusual as we are on a LONG 6 month holiday and try and blog most days but need some basic data

Gary
jrsherman81054
Thanks Eric. I'm sure the stats page can be labor/time intensive, but the info. is a big part of what makes blogging with Travelpod enjoyable. Your decision is appreciated and says much about you and the organization.
londone7
I'm a heavy user blogging for the Ministry of Culture and Tourism in Korea and the City of Daegu who are both promoting my articles so I rely on those stats

Thanks for putting them back smile.gif
fleming.joseph
The stats page is back to normal? I still see the bars and no numbers!!
buckgw
QUOTE(fleming.joseph @ Jul 25 2012, 01:36 PM) *

The stats page is back to normal? I still see the bars and no numbers!!

Me too...I was hoping they would be back by now :-(
fraserc
Hi, your stats pages should be back in order now.
Fraser
buckgw
QUOTE(fraserc @ Jul 25 2012, 03:59 PM) *

Fraser

Thanks...all good now
sandeepachetan
QUOTE(fraserc @ Jul 25 2012, 03:59 PM) *

Fraser

Are the numbers being shown only to a select members ? Because I still see only the bars and no numbers next to them.

Thanks !
Sandeepa
londone7
my 'top 10 photos this week' has remained blank since the stats were put back?
buckgw
QUOTE(londone7 @ Jul 31 2012, 09:21 AM) *

my 'top 10 photos this week' has remained blank since the stats were put back?

I encourage you to tell the support guys what you want to see....else it seems we will end up with those horrible bars with no scale.

They have simply turned the old stats back on for me and a few others. If you feel strongly, then express it.....politely and constructively
ericlussier
Hi guys, here's the deal. On the weekend Google made a change that impacted the traffic across all of TravelPod.

We've seen some smaller traffic drops over the course of the year, but this latest change looks to be much more significant.

We're working hard to figure out what went wrong and restore traffic.

Eric
sandeepachetan
Hello

I want to know if there is any way to get those number back on the stats page, next to the bars ? Do you need some qualification as a member to be able to see those numbers ?
I could see them earlier, and now I can not.
I read a reply above saying they would be turned on again only for certain members.
Can anyone shed any light on who qualifies to be those numbers ?

I would really like to see those numbers back on.

Thanks
Sandeepa
jacquesl
Your stat should be back to the way they used to be.
londone7
my 'top ten photos this week' is still blank
am I the only one experiencing this?
sandeepachetan
QUOTE(jacquesl @ Aug 9 2012, 06:10 AM) *

The numbers have still not there next to the bars.
fleming.joseph
QUOTE(londone7 @ Aug 9 2012, 09:53 AM) *

my 'top ten photos this week' is still blank
am I the only one experiencing this?

Same for me. still blank!!
ericlussier
Hi guys,

As I mentioned before, Google has significantly changed the amount of traffic that they send to the site. This is a big change for Travelpod and we're trying everything we can to get things back to normal, but in the meantime, I would expect the weekly photo stats to not display correctly.

This has been a tough couple of weeks. I hope we can figure this out.

ericlussier
QUOTE(sandeepachetan @ Aug 13 2012, 03:15 AM) *

Did you just delete one of your trips, sandeepachetan?

We made a change specifically to include your account.
sandeepachetan
QUOTE(ericlussier @ Aug 13 2012, 01:27 PM) *

QUOTE(sandeepachetan @ Aug 13 2012, 03:15 AM) *

Did you just delete one of your trips, sandeepachetan?

We made a change specifically to include your account.

Hello Eric
No, I havent deleted any trip.

Thanks
Sandeepa
buckgw
QUOTE(ericlussier @ Aug 13 2012, 01:22 PM) *

Hi guys,

As I mentioned before, Google has significantly changed the amount of traffic that they send to the site. This is a big change for Travelpod and we're trying everything we can to get things back to normal, but in the meantime, I would expect the weekly photo stats to not display correctly.

This has been a tough couple of weeks. I hope we can figure this out.

Thanks for all your efforts to sort this out...greatly appreciated
londone7
my stats seem ok now
weekly photo stats seem low but at least something is back there now
appreciate all your help in this smile.gif
midge88
Hi So basically i enjoyed the stats seeing who viewed favorites etc but now all i get is my top 10 that's it! So how do i know how many people have viewed my more recent blogs?
As i am traveling for a year obviously some will always be at the top! Also is there no way that as well as putting the country that the person viewed from but also the region as many family and friends are from the uk but all over! It would be nice to narrow it down a bit really.
So how do i get my stats back to the way it was or can i use Google Analytic s because that is so much better.

Thanks Laura
sandeepachetan
The numbers are back for me. Thanks a lot to the Travelpod team !
chahan
I have little problem with my stats page. The world map for the origin of my viewers is meaningless... I know where some people come from, and they are not showed whereas other countries are surprisingly highlighted. Does it work for you ?

By the way, the support team restored for me also the old stat page version.

Thanks.
buckgw
Moderator - please remove this SPAM and block user ASAP
londone7
QUOTE(buckgw @ Sep 17 2012, 02:01 AM) *

I reported this profile too but they may not read the report yet with the time difference
sandeepachetan
QUOTE(londone7 @ Sep 17 2012, 02:10 AM) *

QUOTE(buckgw @ Sep 17 2012, 02:01 AM) *

I reported this profile too but they may not read the report yet with the time difference

I am sure they will take the required action.
I too have reported the profile.
chahan
Are you talking about me ???!!!!
sandeepachetan
QUOTE(chahan @ Sep 17 2012, 06:24 AM) *

Are you talking about me ???!!!!

No, some other user who was spamming the forum with loads of links. It looks like the moderator has now removed those posts.
jakobahman
I'm a little confused, my stats page is the same. Showing absolutely zero useful information... sad.gif

Are you reverting the stats page on a per user basis? Can I also have the old stats page?

Cheers for an otherwise awesome service!

/Jakob
chahan
Lol sorry wink.gif. Does by the way anybody have an answer to my problem, namely that the map in the statistic about the origin of the visitors is not complete ?
londone7
I don't think the overall stats are working either as my monthly traffic is nowhere near where it normally is, and I'm contributing articles to different sites to generate my traffic.
mrpweb2011
My status are not loading, is the website host playing up or something. My deaths update instantly but not my kills, but in recent pvp encounters it updates?
jacquesl
QUOTE(mrpweb2011 @ Sep 28 2012, 02:38 AM) *

My status are not loading, is the website host playing up or something. My deaths update instantly but not my kills, but in recent pvp encounters it updates?

Deaths and kills? Are you sure yoiu are talking about our site as we do not have such things.
londone7
My weekly and monthly stats have gone flat since this problem started.

If you see the attached jpeg the weekly visitor trends have gone flat since July

I'm not doing anything different, I'm a heavy blogger and share my entry links with various tourism sites that funnel traffic to my site.

For the last 18 months I would get at least 1500+ hits/month now its barely in the 100s???
The jpeg shows how flat this trend has gone. There's been no change on my part.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.