Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: The Heart Attack Grill
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > U.S.A. > Arizona
semi-backpacker
As most regions make huge leaps forward with providing healthy options, promoting organic foods and overall awareness of health...Arizona has launched a restaurant that celebrates exactly the opposite. I can't decide whether I think it's funny or just plain wrong. What do you think????

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

IPB Image
jeremystravels
Mmmm quadruple by-pass burger.
starlagurl
What is that strange white substance oozing from the bottom bun?
starlagurl
Hahahaha Heather shhhh! Don't tell them.
sianeth
Well at least there are some tomatoes and onions in those burgers eh!
semi-backpacker
QUOTE(starlagurl @ Jun 19 2009, 08:46 AM) *

What is that strange white substance oozing from the bottom bun?

I'm thinking it's lard...lol

And yes, Sianeth, at least they didn't strip the bun of its veggies! :-)
sianeth
And I think they need some cheese on those chips for the full effect.

Do they have any desserts I wonder?
semi-backpacker
For dessert, they probably inject a pound of pure sugar directly into your blood stream, lol
It's called the Diabetes Delight.
sianeth
Brilliant!

Their tshirts are only available in sizes 2XL-10XL!
semi-backpacker
Yes, and people over 350 lbs eat free...I've heard from some women at work that only men like to go there and it's not because of the food, but because the waitresses dress like skimpy nurses!!
polydemic
I"ve been wanting to do that myself. For years, no matter what I put in my mouth, some self-appointed know-it-all would come up to me & say "You know that's bad for your health?" No matter what it was I was eating, someone would tell me it's bad for me. I just got sick of it. So I thought that if I ever could start my own business, it would be a diner of fried, fatty foods, called something like "The Grease Pit" or "El Dumpo", with the motto "We'll sell you the worst garbage you can drop down your guts." I just want to thumb my nose at these obnoxious "health experts". ranting2.gif

I wouldn't encourage anyone to eat like this every day but it's not deadly having it once in a while. Mostly, I eat chicken, fish, fresh fruits & vegetables, & green tea, & do a lot of walking. So I'm doing all right healthwise. It's been several months since I've had a hamburger & french fries meal. I don't need some "expert" telling me it's going to kill me everytime I bite into one.
semi-backpacker
QUOTE(polydemic @ Jun 19 2009, 06:00 PM) *

I"ve been wanting to do that myself. For years, no matter what I put in my mouth, some self-appointed know-it-all would come up to me & say "You know that's bad for your health?" No matter what it was I was eating, someone would tell me it's bad for me. I just got sick of it. So I thought that if I ever could start my own business, it would be a diner of fried, fatty foods, called something like "The Grease Pit" or "El Dumpo", with the motto "We'll sell you the worst garbage you can drop down your guts." I just want to thumb my nose at these obnoxious "health experts". ranting2.gif

I wouldn't encourage anyone to eat like this every day but it's not deadly having it once in a while. Mostly, I eat chicken, fish, fresh fruits & vegetables, & green tea, & do a lot of walking. So I'm doing all right healthwise. It's been several months since I've had a hamburger & french fries meal. I don't need some "expert" telling me it's going to kill me everytime I bite into one.

Well, sounds like "The Grease Pit" could give the Heart Attack Grill a run for its money! ;-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.