Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Any advice to what to bring to a hostel in LA
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > U.S.A. > California
catzrule1
I am moving to LA and will be living in a hostel for a couple of weeks while establishing myself.

Is it safe and a good idea to bring my laptop. Or should I just leave it home and send for it later on.
I just don't want it to be stolen while over in a LA hostel.
holidayshot
If you are not comfortable leaving your laptop to your room, find an hostel with safety deposit box. Most of the hotels and hostels have safety deposit box either within the room or at the reception which you can use free of charge.
catzrule1
QUOTE(holidayshot @ Aug 26 2012, 10:15 PM) *

If you are not comfortable leaving your laptop to your room, find an hostel with safety deposit box. Most of the hotels and hostels have safety deposit box either within the room or at the reception which you can use free of charge.

I'm actually back from LA. And thank goodness I didn't bring my laptop because someone I thought I knew and was my friend ended up stealing my iPod. And I know for sure, that if I had my laptop, he would've taken it too. And I wouldn't be using it now.

But thanks!
holidayshot
oww.. too bad... yeah, good thing that you didn't bring your laptop with you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.