Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Vintage Ohio Wine Festival 2009
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > U.S.A. > Ohio
jeremystravels
If you are in the Cleveland area on August 7-8, 2009 I highly recommend checking out the Vintage Ohio wine festival.

http://www.visitvintageohio.com/

It's one of the biggest wine festivals of the year with dozens of Ohio vineyards representing their product. It costs $22 in advance or $25 day of for essentially unlimited samples (the past few years we've got a card for 81 or so spots, which never get filled entirely) of any wine you'd like. In the admission is the wine samples, a free embossed glass, and some small food items from various vendors (my personal favorite is the balsalmic vinegar stand).

I recommend getting there early to avoid the heat and the lines. The last thing you'd want is to have 30 samples in you and waiting 10+ minutes to get another in the heat.

I wont be going this year since I'll be in Egypt, but my family is going. If anyone is in the area it is definitely a good weekend activity.
starlagurl
Ohhhh, Jeremy, I would totally go if you weren't going to Egypt! Aw.
semi-backpacker
I love wine - though I've never been to a wine festival. I imagine one gets very tipsy at the event, so best to go with a designated driver :-)
jeremystravels
QUOTE(semi-backpacker @ Jun 8 2009, 05:12 PM) *

I love wine - though I've never been to a wine festival. I imagine one gets very tipsy at the event, so best to go with a designated driver :-)

Oh you can be feeling quite good by the end of it if you want. Honestly though later in the day the line gets kind of hefty, so your wine wears off faster than earlier in the day when you can repeatedly get samples without wait. I think they have special tickets for designated drivers for $10 that gets unlimited soda among with all the food samples.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.