Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Quiet Places in L.A.
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > U.S.A. > California
wakingdream
Los Angeles is a crazy busy place! But, there are a few places to get away from the hustle and bustle.

Collect your thoughts at these peaceful places;

Santa Monica National Recreation Area

The Huntington Library

Griffith Park
polydemic
Also the San Bernadino Mountains; especially in winter, when it snows. When walking thru the snow-covered forests, you can just feel the silence.
kitkatgo
I'll add my vote to the Huntington Library in Pasadena, where you can stroll through gardens and/or take in wonderful art.

Idyllwild is a quaint, little mountain town in the San Jacinto mountains (which I believe is part of the San Bernardino National Forest). The only thing is that it is a *drive* with *traffic* outside of LA. It is most definitely not within LA. But if you have time for an overnighter or so, to get away from the hustle and bustle, and you want to get back to nature, do some hiking or rock climbing, etc., then Idyllwild or some of the other small towns in the area are good to go to.
azreal
Here is a site listing of my favorite places to visit while in LA.

http://www.streetgangs.com/maps/

evoli
If you want a quiet and peaceful community drop by at Bel Air. Its a small residential
community in the hills of the Westside of the city of Los Angeles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.