Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Frozen Dead Guy Days Festival
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > U.S.A.
raniroo
Nederland, Colorado....

Frozen Dead Guy Days

The Story behind the Frozen Dead Guy

"Grandpa Bredo Morstoel ......After he died, things got really interesting. Instead of a burial, he was packed in dry ice and prepared for international travel. First, he was shipped to the Trans Time cryonics facility in Oakland, California, where he was placed in liquid nitrogen for almost four years. Then, he was moved to Colorado in 1993 to stay with his daughter Aud Morstoel and his grandson Trygve Bauge, both strong advocates for cryonics who hoped to start a facility of their own.

There he stayed for years under cold cover, in a shed, near his grandsonís home, and about to be left on his own due to some pesky visa issues."

Has anybody been to this event?
starlagurl
That is pretty interesting... I wonder what his grandson thinks about the festival?
raniroo
Probably never thought he could get this famous!
starlagurl
But like...is he mad people are mocking his family? Or does he just see it as a funny joke?
raniroo
ooo good question... I don't know....if he is mad he should have moved the body to a proper lab, not just left in the shed!......hopefully some profits of the festival make it to the family so they can continue in their dream of a cryonics facility
starlagurl
What? I don't hope that... they should raise the money for that themselves!
raniroo
Of course, I would hope they were already doing that themselves too.....but surely they must be getting something out of the festival, otherwise they wouldn't continue with the viewings of Grandpa on Ice in the shed.
starlagurl
Ohhhhh, I didn't know they did that! Then they must love the festival haha.
raniroo
yeah apparently there is a pilgramage during the festival to the shed and they drink around it to toast Grandpa!
starlagurl
Weird! Not really something I would be into, I don't think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.