Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Hello from your dc expert
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > U.S.A. > Washington, DC
travelingkh
It's springtime in DC! How do I know? Because the cherry blossoms explode on the skyline like pink popcorn. I walked over the bridge to view the Jefferson Memorial from across the water.Sunshine funneled through holes in the dark clouds illuminating the monuments and the rain from the previous days nearly drowned the park benches. It's a gorgeous time to walk around the Tidal Basin and it's free.
aopaq
I never realized that cherry blossoms were that prevalent in DC. Do folks there enjoy the blossoms to the same extent as the Japanese? Did you take a photo of the Jefferson Memorial on your walk because your description sounds gorgeous..... it would be great to see a pic of what you have described!
travelingkh
QUOTE(aopaq @ Apr 12 2009, 05:44 PM) *

I never realized that cherry blossoms were that prevalent in DC. Do folks there enjoy the blossoms to the same extent as the Japanese? Did you take a photo of the Jefferson Memorial on your walk because your description sounds gorgeous..... it would be great to see a pic of what you have described!

Yes, they're in great abundance here. The cherry blossom trees were a gift to DC from Japan after WWII. And as they fade, the dogwoods come out and the azaleas.[color=#993399]I have pix, but I need to figure out how to load them blink.gif
skylab
I almost traveled down to DC for this but other things came up last minute sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.