Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Obama in Prague
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > Czech Republic
mimiama
As most people know, the president of the United States, Barack Obama, is going to visit Prague the upcoming weekend (April, 4-5). He will also give a public speech on Sunday, April 5 at 10am at Hradcanske namesti in front of Prague Castle. We are really interested if anyone will attend this event?
starlagurl
Not me, are you going?
mimiama
We will try, but interest of locals is very high and the square where the speech will be held is rather small. Therefore it will be tough to get there :-)
starlagurl
I hope there's not a lot of security, he basically shut down our whole city's traffic when he came here a few months ago (Ottawa)
mimiama
Well, I think this will be basically the same. As far as I know, all the streets he will pass on his way from the airport to the city will be closed for public while he will be using them. This is maybe the biggest problem, because the main street is very crowded usually with a lot of traffic jams. All the areas where he will be present (Congress Centre, hotel, etc.) will be closed as well...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.