QUOTE(danstravelworld @ Mar 8 2009, 03:41 PM)
Hi all, long time traveller, first time forum person.
Hope to fly from Malaysia (KK) in a few weeks to Manila and see what Phillipines has to offer. Hope to have 4 weeks and would appreciate feedback on weather at the time (similar to Malaysia? Wet?), places to stay in Manila (backpack budget pls) and where we head from there. I've never heard anything bad about The Phillipines (bar the news bits but not heading to Mindanao), but I will be after some beach action, some good diving action and a bit of trekking plus any obvious tourist bits.
Would love to hear from anyone with any advice at all, including places to stay, where to head and how to get there.
Ta v much
Here's a list of great beaches at The Philippines:http://www.netguard.dk/top-ten-beaches-philippines.php
But personally, I have my top 5 favorites!
1. Try island hopping (beach hopping) at the Caramoan Islands in Cam Sur and I recommend CK Inn for a place to stay in as they really know where to take you can also do some snorkeling, kayak, diving. They don't accept walk ins but they do accept reservations.http://www.ck-inn.com/
2. The Pearl Farm in Davaohttp://www.pearlfarmresort.com/
3. Amanpulo, Palawanhttp://www.amanresorts.com/amanpulo/home.aspx
4. Misimis Bay in Albayhttp://www.misibisbay.com/
5. Forest Cove Beach House in Batangas - this place is just a typical beach house where in you will be able to enjoy, relax and unwind. No crazy crowds or whatsoever but they offer water activities like jet ski, snorkeling, island hopping.http://www.facebook.com/forestcovebeachhouse?ref=ts