Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: TALINN TO ST PETERSBURG
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > Estonia
chrised14
frantics.gif

hI

i am travelling to Talinn (plane) in july and if possible I would like to go to St petersburg for 2-3 days . Is it easy to get trains or a bus to get there andwould I need a visa? I'm an EU citizen.

Also any tips of what to visit in and around Talinn please?

Thanks.
greekcypriot
I wanted to travel to Talinn some months ago when I was in St. Petersburg but in the end I could not make it.
One thing is for sure though, ....you will need a visa.
If I am not mistaken my friend in St. P was telling me that we could go by train because it is more relaxing.
You can find info of what you will see and where are the 'must' places to visit from my entries.
http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entri...75178/tpod.html
chrised14
flowers.png
QUOTE(greekcypriot @ Mar 6 2011, 03:04 PM) *

I wanted to travel to Talinn some months ago when I was in St. Petersburg but in the end I could not make it.
One thing is for sure though, ....you will need a visa.
If I am not mistaken my friend in St. P was telling me that we could go by train because it is more relaxing.
You can find info of what you will see and where are the 'must' places to visit from my entries.
http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entri...75178/tpod.html

flowers.png

Thanks for your advice. I will try and find out about trains. I presume you got your visa before you left home? Your pictures do make St petersburg look really interesting, despite the poor pie products....
greekcypriot
I got the visa before going from Athens, but because I stayed with a local family the lady had to spend much time registering me even if I had the visa.
Time consuming...
Yes, SP is indeed beautiful...
Enjoy your trip, and when you find anything with trains or buses, post the thread here, so that other people planning such trip will know.
Usually when you stay at a hotel, all these procedures my friend had to do for me, are done by the hotel so don't worry.
Have a nice trip
Popi
thomascullin
train is the best mode of transport .
greekcypriot
Yes, I agree with you, and while I was there I was with a local friend.
I find it difficult to travel around though since there are not many English signs to help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.