Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: What is the biggest attraction in Brazil?
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > Brazil
whereshegoes
Brazil boasts, beautiful beaches, amazing rainforests, and tremendous parties such as Carnaval.l Which do you think is the biggest attraction and describe your experience if you have been there. thumbsup.png
Incrediblelife
The people have always been what has appealed to me most. Once I got there, I wasn't disappointed in the least. The people are amazing - so friendly, so open, so warm. They have a certain zest for life that I find is lacking in my hometown/country.

After being there, I now would also say that the beaches are right up there in the appeal. They have some of the most beautiful beaches I have seen. Ah... can't wait to get back there! Will be there for Carnival next year!

Jenn
andrea
I think I enjoyed hang gliding in Rio the most! Soaring like a bird through the sky and landing on the beach. It was beautiful and an incredible adrenaline rush!

Andrea
gringoloco
The AMAZON. Ariau Amazon Tower Lodge. Google it. It was wonderful 4 days. We were treated like royalty. In fact Royalty visits there. Even Bill Gates has come back many times. And it is not as expensive as that may make it sound. It is first class. Catch Pirhnas! Catch crocodiles! Feed monkeys and Parrots! Learn about healing herbs, and SWIM WITH PINK DOLPHINS all within 5 days!
travelerbill
For me, it's the diversity of people that makes Brazil a bit more special. Reminded me a bit of Colombia, especially travelling from the north down to Salvador. Bahia province would rate as the biggest attraction for me I suppose. And Praia da Pipa. And Morro de So Paulo. I also liked those tiny cups of hot coffee filled with sugar.
crazy.gif
oldhongerlady
I'm wondering, for the females who have travelled there, how safe would you say Brazil is for a young female traveller?

While I have heard some amazing things about it, I'm also plagued with tons of warnings about how dangerous it would be for me to travel alone.

any tips or advice?
kris
if i was to mention brazil in a conversation, as long as there's no football on the telly then the first thing to spring to mind are the brazillian girls.. man_in_love.gif

definatley the top attraction in brazil..
tonya
[[quote]quote name='oldhongerlady' date='Sep 30 2006, 08:08 PM' post='11364']
I'm wondering, for the females who have travelled there, how safe would you say Brazil is for a young female traveller?

While I have heard some amazing things about it, I'm also plagued with tons of warnings about how dangerous it would be for me to travel alone.

any tips or advice?
[/quote][/quote]

[quote name='oldhongerlady' post='11364' date='Sep 30 2006, 08:08 PM']

any tips or advice?
[/quote]

Everything about Brazil is huge and spectacular! Do check Ariau in Amazonas. There are many good deals, packages of usd400 or so. You can join a group or meet your travel buddies on the way, pay a visit to traveldm and blumar sites.
Carnival is very expensive, but if you can afford it, don't hesitate! The falls, at the Brazilian, Argentinian and Paraguay border are also a memorable place to visit.
Oh! I was forgetting Salvador (Bahia), different and beautiful.
Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.