Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Block Island
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > U.S.A. > Rhode Island
semi-backpacker
My first Rhode Island forum topic of the year will focus on Block Island, the one part of Rhode Island that is actually, a well...ISLAND!

What do I love about Block Island? Let me count the ways...

1.The ferry ride from Point Judith is a calm, relaxing ride that whisks you away from all of your everyday stresses and drops you off in a remote place of the world -- in less than 60 minutes!

2. As soon as the ferry pulls into the shore, the bevy of mopeds, bicycle rentals, and tourism information transports you to somewhere in St. Thomas in your mind. It's a sort of Bahamas meets Cape Cod meet Martha's Vineyard meets St. Croix. Minus the need to board a cruise ship to get there!

3. So many beaches to choose from. Beaches great for lounging with a boombox and your best pals, beaches great for solo time reading a good book, beaches great for bringing your family, or beaches great for just walking and letting your feet sink in the New England sand.

4. An overwhelming number of quaint bed and breakfast joints, all of which have so much charm, you could write a poem that would make Robert Frost proud. Well, Frost lived most of his life in Massachusetts, but we'll claim him for the purposes of this New Englandish piece of writing.

5. Your choice of cheesy bar. The anonymity of Block Island, allows you to karaoke to your heart's content after a few Samuel Adams, while never running into a familiar face. Other nighttime activities include dancing to cheesy 80's music while wishing for your Block Island weekend to never end.

My Block Island Blog - Brief but includes some pics!
starlagurl
I have never heard of this place, it sounds awesome! And from your two photos, it looks pretty... aw
semi-backpacker
You'll definitely need to add it to your list of places to visit when you go back to RI :-)
starlagurl
When I go back! Oh my...I don't know when that will be...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.