Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: NEW YORK CITY, attractions?
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > U.S.A. > New York
reds_union
Hi, My sister is an US PR, I'm bring my mother to visit her in November this year...we will stay in her apartment in NYC. We will be staying there for 10 days, she will only able to accompany us the first few days and weekends. So we are on our own the rest of the days, So where can we go during these days? I am also worry for the high expenses at the attractions, entry ticket for example.. from what i know, being the world economic central...New york city expenses ain't cheap...
mynetdude
I will be going to NYC right around your time as well, Oct/Nov for 4 days-ish.

I got the NYPass + Citysights tour bus voucher, I got the 3 day pass for both and for $198 total. the NYPass gets you into many attractions for free once per attraction including many museums, zoos and some other attractions.

As for accommodations, you could stay at the NYC Hostel in Manhattan, I got good rates for $200 for the full 4 nights I will be staying (actually I had to pay for an extra day for the late arrival coming in from the west coast).

I am not trying to convince you or sell anything, I have recieved the NYPass myself, I asked for it to be mailed otherwise I would have proof to be able to do something about it if it weren't which is not the case. I do not work for NYPass, etc.

I was going to meet up with a friend in Europe, he bailed so I really have no choice but to stick to plans without him sad.gif
reds_union
Ok! Thanks mynetdude and 2olives!! Thanks alot! anyway, i bought a simple guide book, it is simple and nice~ i should be able to plan my trip now~

Btw, anything is a must buy in NY? souveniers ? clothes?

i'm planning to go Mongolia next year July! a horseback travel! You guys interested to join??
jeroenandlinda
QUOTE(reds_union @ Oct 2 2010, 07:06 AM) *

Ok! Thanks mynetdude and 2olives!! Thanks alot! anyway, i bought a simple guide book, it is simple and nice~ i should be able to plan my trip now~

Btw, anything is a must buy in NY? souveniers ? clothes?

i'm planning to go Mongolia next year July! a horseback travel! You guys interested to join??

Thats funny we just came back from the steps and are on our way to Gobi. Wouldn't go there in July, too many tourists and too hot. If you want some fun things to do in NY (that are not in the guide book) check the forums on couchsurfing. We went to a movie in the park at Brooklyn side, was good fun but don't know if they still so it now. You can also take the Staten Island ferry, nice boat ride, you see the lady lib, and it is free.
kathywordolf
Do not worry about the traveling expenses in New York City, because there are many free but great things to do in this world famous luxury city. You would not spend any money on some great attractions. You can enjoy yourself at some famous parks, such as the Central Park. This historic park is brimmed with free events, statues, people-watching and sites. Chelsea galleries also open to the public totally free. All the exhibitions here are free for you to visit. You can also go to the Rockefeller Center Public Art- another free center for you. This place has many historic paintings and great shows.

Oklahoma City Tourist

mynetdude
QUOTE(eithan @ Jul 20 2012, 04:31 AM) *

Place for visit in NYC

1. Empire State Building
2. Statue of Liberty
3. Grand Central Terminal
4. Rockefeller Center
5. Ellis Island Immigration Museum

Been to everything but two: Elis Island and Grand Central

This thread is pretty old though.

Lots of NYC resources, there's now the 9/11 Memorial to go see if you're into that kind of thing which I am not (no offense meant).
wow1035
QUOTE(reds_union @ Sep 25 2010, 01:53 PM) *

Hi, My sister is an US PR, I'm bring my mother to visit her in November this year...we will stay in her apartment in NYC. We will be staying there for 10 days, she will only able to accompany us the first few days and weekends. So we are on our own the rest of the days, So where can we go during these days? I am also worry for the high expenses at the attractions, entry ticket for example.. from what i know, being the world economic central...New york city expenses ain't cheap...

good ~~~~~ !! angel1.gif
wow1035
I want to go New York ~!!! angel1.gif
jeffery.kualas
Hi!)
You should visit the Statue of Liberty at first...It's amazing!
IPB Image
I've found the article about Top 10 interesting Statue of Liberty facts...
It may be useful for you)
Good luck!)
johnjames
The Statue of Liberty was a gift to the United States in honor of the friendship established during the French Revolution. It has become an American symbol of freedom and welcome to the immigrants who come to the USA looking for a better life. While the interior of the Statue of Liberty is closed for improvements, you can still visit Liberty Island and nearby
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.