Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: HainanIsland, China
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > China
palm_trees
Hi everyone! I live on Hainan Island and want you to know that there is so much more to this island than Sanya. There are mountains in the center of the island, tropical rainforests, and beautiful beaches.
Sanya has many resorts that are lovely, but it is overcrowded and getting a little dirty.

Come to Boao on the east side of the island. It is a clean and quaint little beachside town with miles of empty beaches and a couple of excellent hotels and a beautiful little B&B.

I'd be happy to answer any questions about Hainan Island, China

-elizabeth
charlotte850505
Hainan is a small province of China,and there just have a sea scenery,no worth to spend much time in there.
shangguan
Hi Palm Trees. Thanks for the post. You are right, Hainan Island has a lot more to offer than people think. I really enjoyed visiting the Ethnic Minority villages there. Their culture is quite wonderful. Have you had a chance to check them out?

My guess is that Charlotte850505 has never been there, otherwise she wouldn't have said that.
fdakuae
hi elizabeth, great post, well I am planning to visit China in July with members of different ages do you suggest visiting Sanya, Hainan , or both? how many days is enough for most "worth a visit" places ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.