Help - Search - Calendar
Full Version: Russia Tours
Travel Forum - TravelPod > > Russia
krepitch
Hi. I am looking for some information on travel to Russia. I would prefer to go with a reputable tour group, but don't know which ones are reputable. Just wondering if anyone can share any advice. Thanks!

smile.gif
peacefrog
For independent travel, I got my voucher 2 weeks ago from http://www.visatorussia.com , by fax and email, the next working day.

For organised tours, sorry can't help.
peacefrog
QUOTE(Smiley @ May 8 2006, 09:53 AM) *

Hey, this looks good. Do you work there?
There are some posts in this forum for people who want to teach english, did you let them know about this link?
Guest_Roman_*
QUOTE(krepitch @ Apr 19 2006, 03:34 PM) *

Hi. I am looking for some information on travel to Russia. I would prefer to go with a reputable tour group, but don't know which ones are reputable. Just wondering if anyone can share any advice. Thanks!

smile.gif

krepich, try this one http://www.nwi.ru

This is "Nordway's" official site. This is reliable russian touroperator, working for many years.

Here http://www.nwi.ru/lang=1/revu.cgi you could find revues and photos from other travellers.
irax
I used a company called The Vodka Train to travel from St Petersburg through to Mongolia. I'd recomend them, especially since they simplified the whole tricky visa process.
sibways
QUOTE(krepitch @ Apr 19 2006, 03:34 PM) *

You could easily contact me for info on active tours, trekking, climbing, rafting and biking in Siberia.
ipcmailtrips
If you are interested in St. Petersburg then I can recommend RussianAdventure.

I spent a great 2 weeks in Russia. Visiting all the famous places in St. Petersburg, together with a few off the beaten track ones, plus had some days at an authentic Russian dacha in the countryside.

The guide Tatiana is super. Fluent English speaker and more interested in you having a good time than telling you endless facts and figures. That said if you're bothered about such stuff (for me it's just boring) being a licenced guide with loads of experience she can tell you all sorts of useless info.

My personal recommendation is to visit the small Kirov museum. It's dedicated to one of the main local leaders during the Soviet period. It makes a nice contrast to all the grand palaces - and throws some light on the ideals the leaders at the time had.

I've been to Moscow, but in my opinion it's not any near as beautiful as St. Petersburg, but I guess you will want to go anyway. Can't recommend a guide as I sort of did it myself - it was real pain getting into the Kremlin as an independant tourist and not part of a group. Not at all setup for independant tourists, but that's Russia. No service culture.

Oh, finally if you're going further afield I'd suggest Yaroslavl. Small historic town - part of what they call the golden ring. Visited there with a group of friends some years ago. Beautiful place. Well worth a visit.

Good luck and have a great time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.