Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where to stop overnight between Marrakech and Merzouga?
moscit
post Jul 28 2008, 03:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 213854
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hi All,

We are planning to rent a car and drive to Merzouga from Marrakech. As we assume we will have to overnight somewhere in between, we would like to get as far as possible on our first day. I'm gessing this will take us a bit past Ouarzazate. My question is whether there are hotels to stop at along the road past Ouarzazate along the N9 / N10 road and how far past Ouarzazate should we try to get so that we can reach Merzouga as early as possible the next day.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Jul 29 2008, 08:34 AM
Post #2

Rolling Stone

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 103914

Try Nekob, or N'kob...

I found this review on TripAdvisor of one hotel, I think there are a few more.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g3...nna-Zagora.html

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
gyl.johnson
post Jul 30 2008, 11:53 AM
Post #3

Nomad

Member No.: 89210

N'Kob is fine to find a place but what would be so bad about spending a day or two in Ouarzazate? Its a major activity center that provides a lot of inexpensive day trips for quad adventures, dessert four wheeling (off piste) and other dessert activities surrounded by beautiful landscapes.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
moscit
post Aug 3 2008, 08:36 PM
Post #4

Hi All, thank you for all your replies!

QUOTE(gyl.johnson @ Jul 30 2008, 12:53 PM) *

N'Kob is fine to find a place but what would be so bad about spending a day or two in Ouarzazate? Its a major activity center that provides a lot of inexpensive day trips for quad adventures, dessert four wheeling (off piste) and other dessert activities surrounded by beautiful landscapes.

There would be nothing wrong with spending some time in Ouarzazate, only problem is that we wouldn't have the time to do both I don't think. Our main objective is to experience the Erg Chebbi sand dunes, which from my understanding are quite a ways out from Marrakech. So we figured that rather than driving straigh through, we would at least stop for one night somewhere in between Marrakech and Merzouga and take in a little of the valley.

In doing this, is it feasable to make that overnight stop-over in Ourzazate and still be in Merzouga the next day in time to caravan into sand dunes for an overnight stay? Or should we try to make our stop in the valley further past Ouarzazate so that we can get to Merzouga as early as possible the next day?
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
caravanerenard
post Aug 7 2008, 01:49 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 220240

hello from desert marocco
my name is mbark im from desert marocco .i have an agency of tourism i orgnise the trip in the deep of desert by deromadaries or by 4x4 .that our site web caravanerenard.com
i hope you viseted this for discouver the nice desert .also if you need somer information about your trip in marocco are welcome
all the best to you mbark

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
gyl.johnson
post Aug 9 2008, 01:36 PM
Post #6

Nomad

Member No.: 89210

In that case try to make your stop much further past Ouarzzate. N'kob would be it.

QUOTE(moscit @ Aug 3 2008, 08:36 PM) *

Hi All, thank you for all your replies!

QUOTE(gyl.johnson @ Jul 30 2008, 12:53 PM) *

There would be nothing wrong with spending some time in Ouarzazate, only problem is that we wouldn't have the time to do both I don't think. Our main objective is to experience the Erg Chebbi sand dunes, which from my understanding are quite a ways out from Marrakech. So we figured that rather than driving straigh through, we would at least stop for one night somewhere in between Marrakech and Merzouga and take in a little of the valley.

In doing this, is it feasable to make that overnight stop-over in Ourzazate and still be in Merzouga the next day in time to caravan into sand dunes for an overnight stay? Or should we try to make our stop in the valley further past Ouarzazate so that we can get to Merzouga as early as possible the next day?

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
moscit
post Aug 14 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #7

Ok, so we should aim to get as far as possible. Interesting that most of you are suggesting taking the N'kob route. I was actually thinking of going through the Dades Valley on the way to Merzouga and through N'kob on the way back. I guess, there's not much of a difference either way.

Excecpt maybe hotel availbility. Does any know which route would have more hotel possibilities, the Dades Valley or the Draa Valley route through N'kob? And would it be recommended to reserve a hotel ahead of time or will we be able to find availability the day of?

Thanks for all your input.

User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
starlagurl
post Aug 18 2008, 04:40 PM
Post #8

Rolling Stone

Member No.: 103914

Maybe stop here? Looks like it's on your way

Boumalne Dades

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g102505...-Vacations.html

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 07:25 PM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.