Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

> Taiwan Travel
abranova
post Jul 22 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 216188
Nominate me as a Local Expert

We are considering a holiday in Taiwan, and are seeking input from travelers and/or residents who might offer objective input on the wisdom of selecting Taiwan as our destination.

We enjoy dining, performing arts, shopping, general sightseeing, and meeting people from all over the world.

Your willingness to share experiences will be greatly appreciated.
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
athena
post Nov 8 2010, 06:58 AM
Post #2

Drifter

Group: Local Expert
Member No.: 4873

Hi there! Sorry for not replying to this post earlier. I was on vacation in South Africa during the month of October and got back to Taiwan midway through last week.

Anyway...I have been in Taiwan about 2.5 years total so far and will be here for another year.

I absolutely love it here. Seriously. It's such an amazing little country (I don't care what China says...I think Taiwan is a country). There is so much to see and do here and they are so technologically advanced and have great infrastructure in their cities...especially Taipei and Kaohsiung.

The people here are super friendly. Never have I ever feared for my safety while in Taiwan. It's the only place I have ever hitchhiked! They love foreigners and life is just fantastic.

Taiwan has things that appeal to many different people. Big cities with night clubs and shopping. Hot spring resorts in the fall and winter. Ocean and mountains right next to each other. Tea shops galore...night markets with tons of cheap and delicious food! Kenting is the place people go to to get some more tropical experiences...it's quite south and is a bit warmer than the rest of the country.

Trains, subways/metro, buses and taxis a plenty...there aren't many places you CAN'T access in Taiwan. Lots of offshore islands like Green Island (super famous for its natural ocean hotspring), Orchid Island and Penghu.

Right now there is the Flower Expo. Just started this past weekend and will be running for a few months. Can't wait to go see it in the super Eco-friendly and award-winning building it's taking place.

Anyway...if you want to come check out Taiwan...feel free to hit me up! My Chinese is quite decent and I would love to play tour guide!

smile.gif
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 01:23 AM
Top Hotel Destinations

Acapulco Hotels
Atlanta Hotels
Austin Hotels
Beijing Hotels
Cancun Hotels
Charlotte Hotels
Chicago Hotels
Dallas Hotels
Denver Hotels
Honolulu Hotels
Houston Hotels
Indianapolis Hotels
Kissimmee Hotels
Las Vegas Hotels
London Hotels
Los Angeles Hotels
Mexico City Hotels
Miami Hotels
Miami Beach Hotels
Montreal Hotels
Myrtle Beach Hotels
Nashville Hotels
Negril Hotels
New Orleans Hotels
New York City Hotels
Orlando Hotels
Paris Hotels
Phoenix Hotels
Playa del Carmen Hotels
Puerto Plata Hotels
Puerto Vallarta Hotels
Punta Cana Hotels
Rome Hotels
San Antonio Hotels
San Diego Hotels
San Francisco Hotels
Seattle Hotels
Tampa Hotels
Toronto Hotels
Washington DC Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.