Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Living in Buenos Aires for a few months from July 2010 - any suggestions?, Looking for ideas for things to do in Buenos Aires
fester_mower
post Jun 20 2010, 06:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1090811
Nominate me as a Local Expert

Hello fellow TravelPodders,

I live in the UK, but am taking a year off work and am moving to live in Buenos Aires for a while from 15th July 2010.

I'll be in BA for at least a couple of months. I've enrolled in Spanish classes and I'll be living with a family (a placement organised by the language school).

I'm after suggestions for things to do whilst I am in BA. I'm travelling on my own and, at least for now, I don't speak Spanish.

All suggestions welcome!!

Thanks.
Levi
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
skylab
post Jun 21 2010, 12:52 AM
Post #2

World Traveler

Member No.: 228012

Hey Levi,

There's plenty you can do. I had lived there for many months as well. I highly recommend checking out L.I.F.E volunteering. It's an amazing group and I even coordinated one of the places (Laferrere). If you end up actually volunteering there, let me know if you go to Laferrere. The people that are volunteering are mostly backpackers and expacts. With that you'll make a TON of new friends and likely always find something to do because of it. Also it's like having free spanish lessons. The kids will get you learning and an amazing way to practice.

http://www.lifeargentina.org/ is their site. Def check it out. PM me def if you go. Have such good memories there.

Next.. Check out Uruguay. It's a 30 min or 3 hr nice boat ride from BA to Colonia. Bring your drivers license and rent out those super mega tiny cars for a bit of a ride down the beach side. its beautiful.

GO TO BOMBA DE TIEMPO!! YOU'LL THANK ME LATER!!!!!
http://labombadetiempo.blogspot.com/

--------------------
DJSkylab.com: My blog :)
ArtOfBackpacking.com: Backpacking Independent International Traveler
Facebook
"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." -Andy Warhol
"My body has certainly wandered a good deal, but I have an uneasy suspicion that my mind has not wandered enough." -Noel Coward
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
fester_mower
post Jun 22 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1090811

Thanks so much for those suggestions, Skylab. The volunteering sounds like just the sort of thing I'm after once I've finished my Spanish course in Buenos Aires, and the show looks great too. Will definitely get in touch before I contact anyone about the volunteering.

Really appreciate the time you took to respond.

Best wishes,
Levi
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
culturacercana
post Aug 17 2010, 03:48 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1240801

Hi, seems that you´ve been here for a month so maybe you have already find plenty of advice. But here is mine:
If you want to have fun, make a weekend trip to Rosario. The better parties in the whole country.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 02:53 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Argentina

Buenos Aires Hotels
Cafayate Hotels
Capilla del Monte Hotels
Carilo Hotels
Chacras de Coria Hotels
Cordoba Hotels
Corrientes Hotels
El Bolson Hotels
El Calafate Hotels
El Chalten Hotels
Esquel Hotels
La Cumbre Hotels
La Falda Hotels
Mar del Plata Hotels
Mendoza Hotels
Neuquen Hotels
Pilar Hotels
Pinamar Hotels
Puerto Iguazu Hotels
Puerto Madryn Hotels
Puerto Piramides Hotels
Purmamarca Hotels
Rosario Hotels
Salta Hotels
San Antonio de Areco Hotels
San Carlos de Bariloche Hotels
San Juan Hotels
San Martin de los Andes Hotels
San Miguel de Tucuman Hotels
San Rafael Hotels
San Salvador de Jujuy Hotels
Santa Fe Hotels
Tigre Hotels
Tilcara Hotels
Trelew Hotels
Ushuaia Hotels
Villa Carlos Paz Hotels
Villa General Belgrano Hotels
Villa Gesell Hotels
Villa La Angostura Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.