Welcome to the TravelPod forums
This is the place where TravelPod bloggers exchange travel tips with each other. Have a question? Ask one of our Local Experts by clicking "new topic" in any category.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Appropriate clothing on a trip to Angkor Wat in July?, Appropriate clothing on a trip to Angkor Wat in July?
joanoglars
post Jun 19 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 283009
Nominate me as a Local Expert

If you are visiting Angkor Wat in July for three days, should you then bring long trousers or shorts? I'm conserned about mosquitos and other insects mostly. Has anybody had experiences???

Joan
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
danstravelworld
post Jun 23 2010, 04:45 AM
Post #2

Voyager

Member No.: 104714

QUOTE(joanoglars @ Jun 19 2010, 03:01 PM) *

If you are visiting Angkor Wat in July for three days, should you then bring long trousers or shorts? I'm conserned about mosquitos and other insects mostly. Has anybody had experiences???

Joan

Shorts below the knee are fine, just layer on the mossie rep. If you're really worried then some thin cotton trousers are fine. Bear in mind it's spanking hot and raining at the moment anyway, so either way you'll be wet & sticky.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
joanoglars
post Jun 30 2010, 07:30 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 283009

QUOTE(candace09 @ Jun 27 2010, 06:55 AM) *

QUOTE(danstravelworld @ Jun 23 2010, 04:45 AM) *

QUOTE(joanoglars @ Jun 19 2010, 03:01 PM) *

Joan

Shorts below the knee are fine, just layer on the mossie rep. If you're really worried then some thin cotton trousers are fine. Bear in mind it's spanking hot and raining at the moment anyway, so either way you'll be wet & sticky.

Cambodia is is a peak of wet season from July to September it can rain as much as two out of every three days, check out for some news about the weather before planning to take a trip for some of the parts of Cambodia are quite famous for flooding during a heavy rain. bring an extra slippers or fliptops for you to wear a short which is a knee long would be appropriate to wear.

Thanks!
- Joan
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 08:05 PM
Top Hotel Destinations in Cambodia

Banlung Hotels
Battambang Hotels
Kampong Cham Hotels
Kampong Chhnang Hotels
Kampot Hotels
Kep Hotels
Koh Dach Hotels
Koh Kong Hotels
Koh Rong Hotels
Koh Rong Samloem Hotels
Koh Rung Hotels
Koh Ta Kiev Hotels
Koh Tonsay Hotels
Kompong Thom Hotels
Kratie (Kracheh) Hotels
Pailin Hotels
Phnom Penh Hotels
Poipet Hotels
Pursat Hotels
Ratanakiri Hotels
Roluos Hotels
Sen Monorom Hotels
Siem Reap Hotels
Sihanoukville Hotels
Sisophon Hotels
Stung Treng Hotels
Takeo Hotels

Copyright © 1997 - 2011 TravelPod.com, a proud founder of travel blogs on the web. All Rights Reserved.